Soon.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay. Going into the game without any expectations though. Haven't read much about, don't know about any of the available classes, haven't watched any videos etc. I just want to not be dissapointed by this as D2 was and is one of the best games ever made :(

Soon: Copyright 2004-2012 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."[1]

UT goes oever diablo but diablo3 could be make much fun, i go play that game if i am bored, barbarian or monk, on hc. the game comes out 15th.

thanks-for-the-info.jpg

i don't know how you can possibly be disapointed in the beta.... i played it for 3 days during the open beta and i loved every minute of it, even when beating the whole beta for the 6th or 7th time there was still something new every run, and i dont just mean different corridors. Whole mini-events are randomly generated and you may never get some in 1 run. I know in the beta you could get only 1 of the 4ish special events in the cathedral section : 1) a glowing chest in the middle of a big sqaured room, click it, SURVIVE FOR 50 seconds, timer appears, more and more mobs spawn outta nowhere and 40 seconds in half the room is filled:x 2) something about a ghost being pissed off that his wifes remains have been desecrated, you gotta click on 3 or 4 parts of her remains and fight the husband/ghost and a few minions each time 3) Chest in room, click it, chest burrows inside the ground trapdoor style, doors lock, wtf mode engaged then some shit starts casting lighting spells on u and stuff. pretty cool. there's also random tiny dungeons: damp cellar, wishing well, den of the wicked, pit full of bodies, dark cellar etc. Each run is different!

After playing the beta I personally think they nailed it perfectly, they remained true to the original while improving on tons of stuff that could be improved. Tbh it feels the same so far as diablo 2 felt after diablo 1....
I feel the same about starcraft 2, it's an awesome game that remained true to the original yet improved a lot of things!

From the beta one can at least deduce that the game will be incredibly noob-friendly, no skill-tree customization like in D2, because the poor little fools couldn't get past act I in nightmare cause they had poor skillset choices. Everything seems too straightforward and piss easy to follow which for a dedicated gamer, comes out as disappointing, seems like every SP game needs to be easy as balls nowadays else they lose well over 50% of their costumers.

Also achievements? Such boring crap.

Will I buy it? Fuck yer.
Will I enjoy it? Most definitely.
Will it be better than D2? Not even close baby.

I don't think diablo 3 is as pish easy as other noob friendly games out there, I like the rune system for abilities, and given that you can only use few of them at a time it sorta falls back to the logic of the tech tree where you "cant use everything "

keep in mind that the beta was only a small portion of act1, im sure the other acts are going to be harder. And also they did add the difficulty mode where, if your character dies once, he's gone FOREVER, DELETED, GG NO RE. I can't see why you say the game is too easy :P

And why d2 is so wastly superior in all accounts -_-

Personally I think the one and only aspect of diablo 2 that may be superior to diablo 3 is the music... matt uelmen ftw
kinda the same for starcraft 1, vs sc2. Yes the music for sc2 with a full orchestra is awesome but...... the sc1 music even though "simpler" has an ever more amazing feel to it.

I think d3 is going to be better than d2, just like sc2 is better than sc1 :)

Well I most certainly hope the full release will add more difficult elements, but i have to say during the 2 walkthroughs I did on the beta (played demon hunter and the monk), I used up something like 5 potions overall, I don't recall any instance of the game being hard, not even the final boss whereas D2's Blood Raven, even in easy mode was a lot harder the first time I fought her. Plus on my second run with the monk I felt, slightly bored even, those 2/3 hours of gameplay have little to no replay value for me.

Also having a game with a hardcore mode doesn't make it a hard game, the mode might be but not the game itself, D2 also had it, it's nothing new.

So, I'm about to get DIII, how about the servers anyways? Are there gonna be as much as in WoW? Anyone of You going to play in a group (i.e. uta clan/crew/group/whatsoever)? I would not like to play that game 24/7 as I dont have that much time anymore, but every now and then in the eve's and we's I'd give it a go :o

Well I most certainly hope the full release will add more difficult elements, but i have to say during the 2 walkthroughs I did on the beta (played demon hunter and the monk), I used up something like 5 potions overall, I don't recall any instance of the game being hard,
potions are totally different.... in d2 in big fights youd constantly be chugging on one and could use double digits of potions one after the other for bosses... in d3 i forgot the exact number but theres a cooldown on potions using.... that means its gonna be a lot harder to know when to use potions... talk about being hard, not being able to replenish hp for 15-20 seconds in a boss fight...

not even the final boss whereas D2's Blood Raven, even in easy mode was a lot harder the first time I fought her.
blood raven: im pretty sure i killed her in 5-6 hits with my barb and i think i recall 2 shotting her with my assasin....

as for leoric being easy.... id compare him to the blacksmith or whatever his name is, the dude who drops the horadric malus for charsi, lots of hp but not a big threat...... Andariel was a real challenge and im confident the first big boss of act 1 will be a challenge as well :)

Well I most certainly hope the full release will add more difficult elements, but i have to say during the 2 walkthroughs I did on the beta (played demon hunter and the monk), I used up something like 5 potions overall, I don't recall any instance of the game being hard, not even the final boss whereas D2's Blood Raven, even in easy mode was a lot harder the first time I fought her. Plus on my second run with the monk I felt, slightly bored even, those 2/3 hours of gameplay have little to no replay value for me.

Also having a game with a hardcore mode doesn't make it a hard game, the mode might be but not the game itself, D2 also had it, it's nothing new.

It will be harder. Remember that this is just a bit of one of the very first acts, on the easiest difficulties. Internal betters at Blizzard think it will be months till the game is truely beaten.

It will be harder. Remember that this is just a bit of one of the very first acts, on the easiest difficulties. Internal betters at Blizzard think it will be months till the game is truely beaten.
Internal peeps are always wrong though. They thought WoW raids would take months too but they end up being beaten after two resets. zzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.