soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well, i suppose this match showed that germany is - together with spain - the main favourite for the title next year.
Like against brazil the team dominated clearly and impressed with their passing, combinations and ability to control the game.

No other team atm has so much (young) potential and such a depth. There are even tons of new young talents coming up (Götze, Reus, Schürlle,etc) which brings problems for loew to decide which players should be selected.

Sure Netherlands missed many keyplayers (esp. Robben, VanPersie, VanDerVaart) but doubt it would have made such a big difference. Not that i am cocky, but those players played in the world cup and NL played pretty crap/boring there aswell (abit "stereotype german-style" ;)) and hade not a single chance vs Spain.
And especially when you consider how fragile Robben is, you can never be sure if he's ready to play in important games anyway....pitty.

So the main question is: Can germany finally beat Spain and Italy (which is somekind of an archenemy for german teams when it comes to competition matches).
But atleast the players and the coach finally say from the beginning that they wanna win the whole thing. Unlike 2010.
Hopefully this will help mentally and the team shows that they have nuts against Spain

sorry but... :lol: :lol:

its a friendly.

well, i suppose this match showed that germany is - together with spain - the main favourite for the title next year.
Like against brazil the team dominated clearly and impressed with their passing, combinations and ability to control the game.

No other team atm has so much (young) potential and such a depth. There are even tons of new young talents coming up (Götze, Reus, Schürlle,etc) which brings problems for loew to decide which players should be selected.

Sure Netherlands missed many keyplayers (esp. Robben, VanPersie, VanDerVaart) but doubt it would have made such a big difference. Not that i am cocky, but those players played in the world cup and NL played pretty crap/boring there aswell (abit "stereotype german-style" ;)) and hade not a single chance vs Spain.
And especially when you consider how fragile Robben is, you can never be sure if he's ready to play in important games anyway....pitty.

So the main question is: Can germany finally beat Spain and Italy (which is somekind of an archenemy for german teams when it comes to competition matches).
But atleast the players and the coach finally say from the beginning that they wanna win the whole thing. Unlike 2010.
Hopefully this will help mentally and the team shows that they have nuts against Spain

Wow. Maybe watch some other sports instead, like err, gymnastics or aerobics. This whole post is just one big :facepalm:

I didnt see the match but when you think that people like van der vaart, robben and affelay dont make much of a difference then i'd guess you dont know them really. Because they are the people that bring creativity to the game.

I didnt see the match but when you think that people like van der vaart, robben and affelay dont make much of a difference then i'd guess you dont know them really. Because they are the people that bring creativity to the game.

germany missed lahm + schweinsteiger (probably the best german player)...

sorry but... :lol: :lol:

its a friendly.

friendly between nl and ger? sorry but :lol:

Last edited:
bmPAd.jpg

I know theres a rivalry or some shit between NL and DE, but still, friendlys a friendly. You always #care an extra 20% when its something to actually play for.

And yes, Germany missed Schweinsteiger and Lahm, but the only one who would make a big difference is Schweinsteiger. Full backs don't have as much influence on the game as playmakers (which Robben, VDV and Afellay all are). Lahm is average too.

Still funny how Bart was able to gather so much information about how much Germany rock from a friendly against a broken NL.

Germany played v well and the defence of holland was v poor. the tactics of holland were attacking and that resulted in an open game. That the worldclass attack of germany scored 3 goals didnt surprise me. They played v well against braafheid and matthijsen.
Babel and kuyt didnt provide any crosses, and that means huntelaar couldnt score any goals.

To conclude that germany and spain are gonna decide whom is gonna be champions is just ridiculous. i saw spain play costa rica lol and they were poor aswell. Im glad holland are playing a bit german like and germany is playing a bit holland like.
hope you enjoy being second best then we will celebrate the victory!

one thing that v marwijk did do well is to wiggle holland in the underdog position.

:facepalm: fo Evra :|

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-issue-suarez-statement

The Club this afternoon received notification from the Football Association of their decision to charge Luis Suarez and will take time to properly review the documentation which has been sent to us.

We will discuss the matter fully with him when he returns from international duty, but he will plead not guilty to the charge and we expect him to request a personal hearing.

Luis remains determined to clear his name of the allegation made against him by Patrice Evra.

The Club remain fully supportive of Luis in this matter.

Defense of Holland was just plain shit.. During the entire game the left wing was wide open all the time(both on offense and defense.). The first 2 goals were also scored by defensive errors.

But not only the left wing was shit, the entire defense was shit, during transition's you could clearly see Germany lining up in a perfect 'diamond-like' formation, where on the other side Holland just was all over the place, having no clue at all.

The last time we defended like this against Germany we lost the country for 6 years;)

don't think you can pick any winner for sure as always, who thought greece were going to win it in 2004. and imo spain are getting so predictable now. all england did against them was defend, break ,score a rubbish goal and won 1-0 (yes i know it was only a friendly bla bla) lol x

most funny thing is that every qualified team is in european top15. Only country that is far away in that list is Poland:)