Server

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
I've been informed that as of next Friday 17th my host will be shutting down (yeh short notice!). Currently I can't find anywhere that matches them for price or service so it may be that the server remains offline, I am not prepared to pay 50% extra a month just to host the server.

I'll look into alternatives but atm the server as it is will cease from next week.

Yeh seen them before, Ive got a few places worth checking out, mozt seem to be a similar price which is a bit more than Im currently paying but my extra power usage is where im getting hit for a fair bit more money.
Ive got one at telehouse at £40EXC VAT which at current rates seems a bargain

Gaming Deluxe

They used to be Cybernetic servers who I looked at originally when I went with DCH, seems their prices haven't changed at all in the last few years.

got some questions

1-who hosts irc/forums and will we maybe lose them as well?
2-how much wud it cost for just a single server to run pug on?
3-if its too much for #2 can we get somebody else to host it like some1 from dog or maybe quakenet?

if not well gg no re thx bye?
still respect to mym and thanks for everything u done and not just for uta but also pc related stuff etc....

Forums are hosted by Martz I think, no problem there atm

You can pick up a UT server for less than 20 Euros, you will be more limited on TS3 usage etc plus you still need a host for bot unless Timo is happy to run it

Dog have the spare CPU power to be able to host but its their server, they pay for it so its their choice

I've looked into moving the server to the people that are taking over my hosts servivces, I've managed to get a slight price discount so for the time being the server will remain up on a short term basis.
The server will be moving to a new datacentre so there will be a day or so downtime whenever that happens and also an IP change, wont affect you if you use www.utapug.net

New host is further away from London so there will be a couple more hops in the routing but ping should stay the same or improve, either way theres not much I can do about it so no complaining unless its unplayable and I dont just mean unplayable in the sense you suck and need something to blame.

I've looked into moving the server to the people that are taking over my hosts servivces, I've managed to get a slight price discount so for the time being the server will remain up on a short term basis.
The server will be moving to a new datacentre so there will be a day or so downtime whenever that happens and also an IP change, wont affect you if you use www.utapug.net

New host is further away from London so there will be a couple more hops in the routing but ping should stay the same or improve, either way theres not much I can do about it so no complaining unless its unplayable and I dont just mean unplayable in the sense you suck and need something to blame.

Isn't this what you used to do?

Thanks! Legend

I dont just mean unplayable in the sense you suck and need something to blame.

we can find something else to blame np, like people not following tax or late warnings, packetloss etc...
its always better to do that since it makes u look good to others or make believe that things happen which are beyond our control. that way we are all gg players and nobody is bad so every1 is happy and there is no harm in that