The Hobbit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What I think is most interesting about this movie is that they shoot it in 48 fps and have i think a premiere with that. Since the 20s all movies are shot in 24 fps so it'll get a very "real" feel, like watching a soap series. It's quite a risk if people will accept it but I'm looking forward to it.

is there any more videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so far there is only 1 official video blog, I will post the newer ones in this thread when they are released !

"THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY" AND "THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN" ARE ANNOUNCED AS TITLES OF PETER JACKSON'S EPIC TWO-FILM ADAPTATION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN'S TIMELESS CLASSIC THE HOBBIT

First film slated to open on December 14, 2012 and second film to be released on December 13, 2013

from Facebook

well it makes sense, bilbo meets legolas's father Thranduil lord of mirkwood so obviously Legolas was alive and about in the time of bilbo, he's just not mentionned in the book

also Gloin Gimli's father is one of the 13 dwarves of the expedition but Gimli was alive and well during the time of the hobbit as well, so he may even make a cameo !! (if the actor agrees)

if they try to show frodo pippin merry sam or boromir that would be a mistake as none of them were born, and just from memory i think aragorn was 21 years old at the time of the hobbit and in rivendell so there again possible cameo if the actor agrees

frodo will be in, as will ian holm. So I think it will have a flash forward to the time, bilbo (old one) is telling this story to frodo and such :)

Can't wait! First book I've read about the entire LoTRo universe and it was very good!

God I hope they are released in 2D with no loss of quality or run time. 3D is a total waste of time, adds nothing to the viewing experience and makes the whole thing darker... Rubbish.

I watched POTC 4 the other day in 3D (2D was fully booked) and took my glasses off for most of the film coz it was so dark! didnt make the film any better though.

shitty 3d is shitty
I saw jackass 3-d.... in 3d and it was indeed a shit/worthless effect

good 3d on the other hand can be nice and immersive, just think of Avatar.

I think it's safe to say that Peter Jackson's use of 3d will equal or surpass that of James Cameron's

God I hope they are released in 2D with no loss of quality or run time. 3D is a total waste of time, adds nothing to the viewing experience and makes the whole thing darker... Rubbish.

I watched POTC 4 the other day in 3D (2D was fully booked) and took my glasses off for most of the film coz it was so dark! didnt make the film any better though.

The only convincing 3D was like HTML just mentioned Avatar, but still it isn't the thing I'm looking for in movies.
Also read why! => http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2011/01/post_4.html

the darkness of the 3d movie really depends on which 3d the cinema use. If they have an old white screen (dunno the exact details, im not a professor) then they use different kind of glasses which make it dark yes.. But newer cinemas (including the one i go to) have something different (silver screens or something?) and the colors seem as bright as when you watch it without glasses.

not sure on the details, but it really differs :P

new picas from the hobbit!

Attachments

• 054baa5.jpg
    054baa5.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 112
  • a2704c6.jpg
    a2704c6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 113
  • c0e2b8a.jpg
    c0e2b8a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 109