Future of this Leauge

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hi,

For some reason I felt a bit nostalgic tonight and started reading old match reports so I decided to pop on here to have a read. I really didn't know that the PUG was still going, which is awesome btw, If I didn't play other games I'd come for a PUG or two and show you boys how its done (!).

But anyhow trying to revive something that has been slowly declining since 2004/05 (Bonjour WoW) is going to be impossible, especially with how mainstream internet gaming has become. People find other games to play, because there are that many to play these days. Back when I started UT, I could only name a handful of internet games worth playing.

Not that I'm really worthy of an opinion anymore, but I think Sandy is right in what he has said. The PUG is the league now, the last living part of our once thriving community. Trying to create an incentive to play won't work, what can you offer? The majority of us aren't 16 anymore and actually earn money. Unless you have a really fit sister torp? :p: ...

Anyhow, I hope you do find a way to end this league on a high if its going to end. Maybe try and round up as many of the old players as possible for one last event of some sort. I'd play in a kind of "testimonial" tournament for old times sake. Just an idea.

It was an awesome community to play in, and I doubt any of us will find another one like it as the majority of games have a lifespan of less than a year these days.

End of nostalgia! Cheers!

I suggest a ban for this.

The time for playing is the biggest factor for most people I think. You dont have time to sit and wait
for playing. You just want to join and play some maps. It´s not like in the start around 2000 when you
played 24/7. UT is still the best hardcore game, all other soft FPS games are fun, ONE time, then they are
usually boring. That´s why I still come back and play some UT maps now and then! :satan:

I am not trying to say we can revive the league.

I am not saying the prizes need to be money.

The only thing I am saying is there is still 50+ regular puggers on a weekly basis on IRC, 30-40 regulars actually playing at least once a week. There is still room for effectove competition. This is not a plea to old timers to return, just enjoyment for those that STILL play. Nothing more.

Ba]V[sE;1603080 said:
The time for playing is the biggest factor for most people I think. You dont have time to sit and wait
for playing. You just want to join and play some maps. It´s not like in the start around 2000 when you
played 24/7. UT is still the best hardcore game, all other soft FPS games are fun, ONE time, then they are
usually boring. That´s why I still come back and play some UT maps now and then! :satan:

Thats true imo.
I'm not very active but when I used to play most ppl waiting for pug didnt want to play with less than 10 players. Maybe change rules or something that you only sign when you're ready to play (also with smaller teams)?
Just a suggestion.

OMG

I see players I have seen many years ago who are still on here.. Amazing!! (sorry for the off topic)

Never thought this community would still be here! And I agree with all you guys, its still the best game ever :)

And a big wave for all you guys out there from me. You may remember me as TheDafster, Rage {EoS}, and a special hellp to Bamse and Anti!