Future of this Leauge

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I won’t ramble on, I made most of my points clear in post *50*

Suggestions, brainstorming etc... All very well but where does it get us? Don’t get me wrong I aren’t knocking James’s :) suggestions or anybody else’s, he made valid and the most important points himself dedicated people to whom have the necessary skills to achieve these tasks.

Mym, Timo, Che and the rest of the team spent a decade on things within the league and pugs... my “assumption” but I guess there is other things they rather spend their free time on nowadays aka staying above me in the fantasy league ;) lol.

The most recent event, league type structure of X-Bombs was a success and well executed, thought out... But a success for how long? A month or two. And then the usual complaints and arguments came up, team balance became an issue and from my POV the pug has suffered since its arrival.

Players are online but rather be doing other stuff, again my POV ( I’ve not been most active player this year) Just off recent I rarely see any pugs... Yes could very well be the “season” but I feel a lot just really can’t be bothered anymore the fun of pugs has been drained over its years.

People previously mentioned how long do you want this to last? As a small community UTA has done amazingly well. Nothing is forever, and everything reaches a point where nothing that is done can improve the situation, it’s unavoidable.

I for one would be glad to assist in anything that you or others find beneficial to add or create for the league but this may sound like a broken record; it’s not going to improve the situation.

:paddy:

Last edited:
Biggest problem as of late ( I know it's a repetitive issue ) is the fact that nearly every pug has crap teams, there's just way to many things that people don't take into account nor care to even think about, a few:

Tax (Way more important than most actually realize), I can't count the times I've won or lost a pug with/against the underdog team just because they have someone like pogo or sphere as a captain, the other team has some random who misjudges where certain players are best at in most maps, this has resulted in 4-0's even when someone like wish is in the losing team.

Underrated / Overrated players, pretty self explanatory.

The "loto", let's face it, it sucks most times nowadays, especially when there's 3 players of nearly the same skill level and the rest are average or just about the same (like xb, dj, wez).

Now, that being said, the same problems would come up in a league format like torp/sandy are suggesting, unless someone experienced makes the teams using his own criteria, I hate to repeat myself but pogo/sphere are the best examples + they're 2 of the most regular players atm, 4-0's/X-0's are gonna happen if others have the liberty to gather and make a clan-like team for whatever league you have in mind, it won't work, even 2v2's, it'll just result in having 1 team roflstomping the rest (li: mi5, bad example I know), as for a nation's cup, same problems.

There's very few people and the worst part is, everyone has very different amounts of skill, there's no real competition in a team format unless the teams are hand picked by someone who knows and even then it's hard.

Lastly like Torp pointed out, having a prize would be the biggest incentive, heck we saw that on the first Survivor Assault html organized, huge success and he wasn't offering a huge sum for the winners, 25euro was it? Problem is of course who'd take care of this prize and what would it be.

People are looking at the result of the problem and not the core reason.

Pugs are poor quality at the moment BECAUSE there is no competition for people to play in anymore. Regular competitive games with a result and maybe a prize, would encourage the idlers to play more. The more they start playing, the more others start playing and then it would be a fight for places.

When the 2v2/5v5/1v1 cups were on, people were pugging 5-6 times per night. When nothing is happening, there is no pug. XB's league is flawed, mainly because it rewards and encourages unfair play with team picking and maps, but the biggest flaw of it all is lack of result. It needs an end or else the novelty wears thin.

New cups, new ideas, regular, maybe prizes (does not have to be money). Can all be brainstormed in a team of planners. Why not? I am up for it, but I will only do it if there are 3-4 dedicated to the same idea.

Let me know :)

Pugs are poor quality at the moment BECAUSE there is no competition for people to play in anymore.)

This. But i still think a main reason is captains picking incorrectly all the time, As you seen two days ago... resulted in a bad pug and a quick 4-0.

You'll never get competition with the playerbase which is left anyway, pointless.

Probably so Insp, the last sentence.

One thing is for certain though, doing nothing to change will only make it worse. I think it is worth it for another 12 months or so to go out with a bang and make it as fun as possible for the remaining 40 people or so.

My Speedruns were fun
XB 5v5 balance cup was fun
My 2v2 cup was fun
Pitbulls 1v1 cups were fun
XBs pug league is fun.

Now imagine these being official competitions with incentive to play and maybe some sort of prize? Again, dont ask me what, that is what my initial suggestion of a planning team is for...

No mention of Survivor? Git.

This. But i still think a main reason is captains picking incorrectly all the time, As you seen two days ago... resulted in a bad pug and a quick 4-0.

You'll never get competition with the playerbase which is left anyway, pointless.

:wow:

I had a vision of a slightly tweaked survivor...

unlimited participation (could start 20v20 for all i care :rofl:) but any/every map above 10v10 would have two people (per team) eliminated by me, if they fail to answer a random trivia questions in 15 seconds (i.e: what is the capital of Canada), and i would start asking at the bottom of the player list of both teams so that would be the incentive to ''do good'' and not fuck about in the first few maps.

Maps at the 10v10 or less would follow previous survivors rule. I think that would open up the event to anyone who wants to play and maybe add some fun with the random trivia fail ;)

I want Banshee to cast it though :o
and Useless to be.... himself :love:

I am all for the UT forever campaign, mainly because it postpones certain halfwits playing TF2 and disturbing the peace, however, purely because nobody hot has posted any pictures on facebook recently I feel like sharing the following.....

If you are resorting to 'prizes', in order to get enough people together to play an 11 year old game, it is possibly time to consider leaving that poor mutilated horse corpse alone.

While hopefully the above will generate some flames which this community thrives on, I would also like to add that we are now a million miles away from what the UT-AL once was, so whatever happens now really shouldn't be concerned and then trashed in comparison to times past so... do whatever the heck you like.

If you read all of the above and you aren't at work I suggest you seek some kind of psychiatric help.

do whatever the heck you like.
:nod:

If you read all of the above and you aren't at work I suggest you seek some kind of psychiatric help.
1) it's saturday why the FUCK should we be at work?
2) why does it take a SANE person to waste time at work to read this?
3) I don't think you of all PEOPLE should speak about the "pristine past" of this community.
4) read words in caps........:uhh:

:psycho: