QFire Assault

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I think our team was the worst fragpower wise, or at least, we didn't have any of the top 4-5 fraggers imo

I do believe we had the best comms though so it does seem like comms play a bigger role than some will admit :P

GG, I had fun even if others didn't. I was less than stellar in the 4v4s (hi golgo) but the 2v2 was a success and XB and html held Riv3 to take the tourny for Team.Huax with a 100% record!!

Tbh, people had a chance to change the teams if they didn't like them and no-one even spoke, so if you didn't like it you can blame yourselves directly :D

GG, nice to win something occasionally, esp. with Axl :cuddle:

yer im winning stuff left and right, now the league is near dead :whatever:

But as useless said, i had fun, shame some ppl didnt.

And a big wave to XB for organizing stuff and ignoring some of the whining it starts :!ola:

1. GG, to those that criticise teams - the teams were not MASSIVELY out, you are never going to get perfectly balanced teams, you never get them in pugs anyway. Teams are below for all to witness. I cant see any one team being so strong that the other teams didnt have a chance. My team won undefeated I guess that says something though. Not so much about my team, maybe about the other teams.

2. Im disappointed that some of the players that signed didnt turn up. With some stronger fraggers the defences would have been better and the experience better as well. (stronger fraggers tend to bring leadership qualities too)

TEAM 1:
Dirz
RighteousFury
Promax
Hudson

TEAM 2:
Weezy
Lucy
Meteor
Jaybone

TEAM 3:
Wakko
Free
Sleepy
Phoboss

TEAM 4:
XB
Axl
Useless
HTML

I'm doing another one of these in TWO MONTHS with a slightly bigger and better format.
This time im signing it as a XB MAJOR EVENT(c) (think - as big as the 10th anniversary cup)

Each Team will have a captain.
Each Captain will have x amount of points to spend on players.
Each Player will have a points value.
It will last 1-2 Months and will have the same format as this did but these will be FULL MATCHES not just 2 map matches. (I will also tweak the end 2v2 part)

MAJOR EVENT COMING SOON!!! GET READY FOLKS!

Attachments

• qfas_event_1.png
    qfas_event_1.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
gg to xb team and xb himself for organizing the tourney :)
just one question to xb or mym :
It was really unplayable for me , I had rocket bugs, snipe going through people, most of the time I couldnt see my own rockets, even Useless noticed I was bouncing and absorbing rockets.
Why would I have these probs on 8 serv when pug serv is perfect for me ? :confused:

Ye, that was a weird one, Prom. In Desert in particular you were deffing Underground and I fired a rocket spread, saw one go straight through you like magic. Weird stuff but your ping was not miles high or anything :confused:

HMmm why wait till may, gonna start this in April.

Got it all planned, just need the signups, incoming thread in evening

No its gonna be called the 2011 World Championship, Major event deserves major name. Two months long.

Edit: what the hell is SFire Assault

Looked like a nice event. the 4v4 and then 2v2 feels like a nice gamestyle. A fun event really.
I couldnt particiapte as i was still not sober last night.

To bad Lucy cried as always on the irc afterwards.
:rofl:

how in the world could u let html win this ?!
should not be possible

:shout:

pffft ur lucky no one else organises survivors I would win them all!!!!!!

also this is my second flawless victory in an outside of league event

I had a flawless victory in that 2v2 tournament also even though wish noobed it :coolfip:

oh and I also won xb's first pug league with 4 teams of 4 go team WaPiSH!!!

oh and I have the highest PPT rating in pug league, currently tied with wish, for those who played more than 10 pugs

Last edited: