Microphone not working

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Axl_Rose

Whole lotta Rosie
Aug 30, 2004
Netherlands
So after ulv compaired my headset with a fisherprice walkytalky i finally decided to get a new headset. While the sound works, I just can't get the mircrophone to work. My pc does recognize it, but it doesnt pick up my speech. I've done the obvious things like making sure it's enabled, boosting the output sound,but i got nothing :/

I run windows 7 x64, my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 my onboard soundcard is a Realtek ALC888 (as my 1st hit on google told me :P) and the headset is a creative fatality. If someone of you could help me, it would be much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
make sure the microphone-plug is plugged correctly to the microphone input on your soundcard.

Try to calibrate it in windows sound options as well.

also, if you have the same fatality headset as me, the mic can be disconnected for the headphones, so check that is plugged in fully too :)

plug it in!!!!

and is it a USB or non usb version!!! bloody noobinsteins

Last edited:
figured you prolly would've, but worth a shot. have you tried using it in any other mic in ports? thinking of ones at the front of you system box for example. could be worth trying to see if there is a problem with the on board sound, rather than mic/headset.

If you use the front sockets check that they have been connected to your onboard card inside the case, they're usually left unconnected and you have to do it yourself.
If you have an independent soundcard and an onboard one make sure the mic is plugged into the one which is being used as the default - many times I have plugged the mic into the onboard sockets by mistake and wondered why I'm getting no mic output :banghead:
Make sure there isn't a volume control on the mic / headset cable and that it hasn't been turned all the way down by default.
Go through TS3's mic detection wizard, it's pretty helpful to test whether or not it can find any signal.

And if any of these work you will no longer sound like you're recovering from chronic whiplash :whip:

Screenshots of my settings in Windows 7 and my mic works fine.

How do you know your mic isn't working btw? someone told you? I use Audacity to test my mic works.

Last edited:
thanks you useless for that completely useless post :P nice of you to finally share ur fuck ups with the rest of uta :teehee: But no i'm a man of more complicated issues.

I have the exact same settings as u have there :hangover: (altho i obviously tried chancging all sort of shit there). I basically tried to record something and join ts and scream in a channel with ppl, but to no avail, also didnt get a "burning light" to show it was receiving any sound.. I could try audacity but doubt it would tell me anything else.

If the old headset worked (and still works) and all youve done is change over the headests (assuming same ports) then its unlikely to be a config issue within windows, more likely the issue is with the headset or how youve plugged it in.