Office 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Twonko

Love God
Jun 8, 2001
UK
When I 'save as' docs in Office 2010 Pro, there is a folder under NETWORK called qaerue.docs.live.net@SSL that I know nothing about. It could be a windows live account but it sure ain't mine. My own live account is nowhere to be seen in the 'save as' options.

If I try and access the folder, I need a login and password. I only installed the prog today and it is a legit original delivered new. Any ideas what has occurred?

Search comes up with nothing and free MS support not available because it is a cheapo student edition.

Cheers

I would assume that it is to save files onto another machine on the network. Do you have anything else running on the lan? Why it asks for a login directly though is a bit of mystery - usually you may need a login for other machines.

By the way there used to be several MS newsgroups for support. Don't know if they are still running.

I think it's an auto generated SkyDrive for OneNote and other office apps to integrate into. I mention OneNote in particular, because that app specifically links the sync'ing into it.

Nothing else running on the LAN. I even switched off my phone in case but it wasn't that. I think Wierdo has it. When I save files to the Documents folder of my Skydrive that qaerue folder appears again in the procedure but the files save OK. If I save to a different folder, Office seems to temporarily change the folder name to something else while it saves. Dunno why they do that. Seems to work ok though. Will check out the MS forums as well. I forgot about them.