soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Man Utd 1 - 0 Arsenal
Man United top of the league. Spot on tactics by Fergie! crowd the box out and hassle them so they dont get time to pick out passes. they didnt even get a meaningful shot on target!

everyone knows the fifa ranking is total rubbish. But i guess there has to be some sort of criteria to help decide seedings etc.. and i guess England beating crap teams in qualifiers boost the rankings.....

yep, last 4 years

nation gets points for:
tournament
qualifying
friendly

in this month they remove points nation got in november 2006, but they give them points for matches in november 2010

and, if some team beat other from top positions in current ranking - then they get more points for this match than against some weaker team (in rank)

anyway this ranking is better than iffhs club rank ;)

It's weird, look at the old "Top4" strikers this season. Drogba? Out of form. Torres? Ridiculously bad. Rooney? Haven't scored an open goal since April (9 months!?) Chamakh? Been ok I suppose, but not set the league on fire has he?

It's weird, can't remember the last time so many supposedly world class players (Chamakh excluded ofc) were out of form..

Last edited:
Also Joachim Löw won the award as "Best Coach"
Wtf really?? That must be a joke. Löw is the worst coach ever, without him we would've had a real chance to win the WC. He made us lose with his stupid formations and substitutions. He was soo lucky players like Müller/Özil/Schweinsteiger saved his ass, could've easily gone out of WC in first round.

Mourinho > all. Best coach currently out there. Arrogant as fuck, yes, but an amazing coach.

Well 3:6

Then there was a saved penalty, 2 players sent off and some more funny stuff, like a referee beeing tackled (lightly and without intention though) and while falling to the ground he still spotted a foul and gave a freekick to munich :rofl:

Plus the ground was utterly muddy (due to molten snow) and the hosts were wearing all white :rofl:

uefa team of the year ( http://www.uefa.com/community/teamoftheyear/index.html) vote is up, heres mine:

a couple of things:
GK - Cesar or Cassilas....went with Cesar for a great season.
RB - Over the year Maicon won league, champions league and league cup. He lost some consistency recently but is still the best attacking AND defending right back for me.
CB - Pique, Puyol and Lucio stood out here - its a hard one but Vidic is not even listed - he should be included as well. I would pick Puyol, Lucio or Vidic. I dont think it matters too much which two is selected.
LB - Ashley Cole I guess....Haven't seen the others play too much so i will go with what I know, Evra should have been included in this list (but would not get my vote)
RM - Gotta be Ronaldo over Robben, Both players made their team last season (Robben did better in league (CL final) and did a better world cup). But without Ronaldo Real Madrid would be lost. He scores so many goals too.
CM - Xavi - easily
AM - Sneijder (World cup final, 2 league titles + 1 CL, Scored plenty of goals and should have been player of the year....)
LM - Iniesta - Di Maria played nice, Malouda too, But Iniesta won the World Cup and is amazing to watch with his close control.
FW - Messi, no doubt the best player in the world currently - Funny thing though I still think Sneijder deserves the player of the year.
FW - Drogba , could have been Tevez, Forlan, Villa, Milito, I go with Drogba because he scored 35+ last season.
Manager - Who else But the Special one Jose Mourhino!

Attachments

• wbt-2010.png
    wbt-2010.png
    764.4 KB · Views: 13