soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Robben shot so many amazing goals last session and this was prolly one of his most average. Why did the FIFA select this?
FIFA is some crazy club tho.

But instead of this nonesense award there was an interesting result in yesterdays friendlies:
Spain 0 - 4 Portugal :D

Yeah disgusting behaviour but now they go into knock-out round cardless. It was so obvious fs, I hope they get a ban or something >_<

I have to say..GJ Bayern Munich! LOL...It cannot be more stupid after 2-0 lead @ half time :rofl:

it showed again - just like so many times in the Bundesliga atm - that they need a new defence (new players...:lol:)

Yeah disgusting behaviour but now they go into knock-out round cardless. It was so obvious fs, I hope they get a ban or something >_<
No? Both Alonso and Ramos went into the Ajax game with one yellow card from previous games each. They've both seen their second yellow yesterday. They will be suspended for the last group game for their red cards, but both of them will carry one yellow card into the knock-out stage.
The only reason for the red cards was to "delete" the yellow card they've seen yesterday. If they hadn't done it they would've run the risk of either getting their third in the last group game or carry two yellows into the knock-out stage.
Tactically seen it was pretty smart to see red yesterday. Thats Mourinho...

Still, CL lost a lot of the glamor it used to have. What a boring tournament so far. It's silly. You know it's bad when a team like Tottenham is winning the group lol.

Champions league is really joke.

Imho it's called CHAMPIONS league for no reason. it should be renamed to "3rd or even 4th best teams in national leagues"- league
The team amount should be reduced to real champion and not be consisting of tons of mediocre teams which ended 3rd or 4th in their national leagues.

But it's all about money, so everything gets bigger and bigger. Too bad it doesnt get any better.

Liverpool won it and they ended up 5th in the league that year. I don't reckon its a joke coz you usually end up seeing the best teams in the quarters anyways.. and its nice to see a surprise once in a while :D You don't have to watch the group games if you don't want to, no ones forcing you! But its just more football for people who may be interested!

Still, CL lost a lot of the glamor it used to have. What a boring tournament so far. It's silly. You know it's bad when a team like Tottenham is winning the group lol.

they are playing 203998328340934830489 times better football then liverpool and that's a fact

they are playing 203998328340934830489 times better football then liverpool and that's a fact
Yes, I know. But what's your point? I never even mentioned Liverpool? Spurs are like a more glamorous version of Werder Bremen imo. (With worse results ofc..)

no point in mentioning liverpool just joking with you :P

Altough i dont agree with you, Spurs played quality football, and totally deserve to be on top of their group.

Barca 5 - 0 Real Madrid. If you missed it, im sorry for you, please go watch FULL extended highlights (not only the goals) - Barca is magical to watch. Best performance in football I ever seen, EVER. 5-0 is OK - it can happen, but the way it happened was amazing. They were just toying with Real Madrid and Real Madrid had no answers. Flicks and touches everywhere, through the legs etc. Real Madrid spent most of the match trying to get the ball. Amazing team, Spectacular Team!!! It was like watching a special show/performance!