UT question

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

_luweK!NG`

I've got the progaminghand!
Feb 18, 2002
nl
Yo,

When i play DM i have no problems with UT, until im going to a assault server. Its slows my UT down for like 8 times? It doens't runs smooth than.
I tryed other user's/unrealtourmanet.ini but i have no clue. Please can somebody help me out with the problem!

greetz,

luwe

prolly an add in from the DM server causing it, close UT and restart it will most likely solve it.

I used to get a problem that LAS would kick me after i played on 14g servers, then Weirdo told me to add this to my ini as a bind...

KILLALL I4GAMES_CLIENT.I4G_CONFIG

Might be a similar thing to add to yours for the specific servers... worth a look maybe...

Some information would be helpful

- System specs
- Did u try both OpenGL and D3D?
- Does the problem exist both offline and online?
- Does it also happen when u use a fresh ut.ini (rename old one and start UT)?
- What is your exact problem? Is your fps unstable oder is it constantly low? How many fps do u have in AS/DM?
- Did u try different AS-servers, different maps, different player loads?

That would be a nice start.

I cleared my cache and tryed Vsync on/off doesnt work..

I tryed OpenGL and D3d. When im playing with fresh ini's its still running shit.
Offline im running 3 times quicker and offline im running 3 times slower and maybe 5 times.
Fps is around 150. Also played on different servers, maps etc.

My specs;
Windows XP
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
Core processor 6000+
1.80 Ghz, 3.00 GB of ram

dm; 60 (but its jumps up and down)
as; 60 (also jumps up and down "60-180" sometimes even higher!)

Im still not sure what your exact problem is tbh. I thought AS was running worse than DM but frames look fine and are the same in both AS and DM obviously.
I would just reinstall UT and see if that solves the problem.

doesn't work either :(

i give up.
cba anymore :P

only when I'm playing assault its fucked so aint a setting of something of patch/update etc..

If all other gametypes are OK but AS isnt then its not likely to be your UT or PC settings, look for a difference between servers.

eg cheat protection, if a server is running ACE certain ini settings can cause a big slow down
reinstall cheat protection
see what other mods are running on the DM server and compare them to AS. You could always make your own AS server with default muts/mods and try that, if it runs then you know its a server mod causing the problem

tryed my own server => runs a little faster than normal.

how to reinstall the cheat protection?

Kaka (tryed that) doenst work eitherrrr! ;f

There wont be any protection on your own server, so it should have run as you expected it to. Only thnig that will speed up/slow down your own server is CPU speed, CPU changes speed depending on requirements and power settings, UT gets confused by the change however this should affect all gametypes on your own server.
To remove protection anyway, you need to clear your cache and any files starting/containing UTDC/ACE from system folder

There is nothing I can see that will affect only one gametype when you remove all variables such as muts etc as you have done by running your own server

cleared my cache + all the files that started with UTDC/ACE in my system folder.. didnt change anything :(