Any Starcraft 2 players out there? :D

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Where can I see that id thingy ?
My profile name is sneeziaz

But I'm only playing SP atm.

You have to either post your email, or BOTH your name and number. You can find your number if you press ADD FRIEND and it'll display your character code in the top right.

The difference seems to be that if you add through email, you're added to REAL ID, while if you give your name and number you're just a friend in SC2.

I got quite a good pc but it 'hangs' sometimes, the sound goes on but the entire screen just freezes ! It is not happening often but already had it a few times, usually it just picks up the game a few seconds after that but it's still annoying :(

Furthermore I'm pleasantly surprised by it. I never did SC1 (shame on me) and thought it would be just another 'futuristic' RTS, but the game is very good, the game is finished which can't be said about a lot of other games. The single player missions actually reminds me of playing the Command & Conquer missions, but then more awesome :D!

Didn't play online yet because I'm noob.

stoopid blizzard wont let me kick QQ's ass unless i buy a euro copy of the game:mad:

oh well game still fucken owns! :teehee:

Can anybody give me some tips for online play? (Terran mostly because I'm noob)

I did full Single Player on normal which was severe ez-mode, normal skirmish I also usually win but I cba to go further halfway. Now I'm doing the noob practice league (50 games). I won 2 and lost 2, when I lost I was Terran vs Terran, making some Thors and a siege tank, I got to his base but got hammered by Battleships :(

Other game I lost was just due to being outmanned, he got double the size of my units (both didn't make 'special' units), in replay I saw that he made almost double the amount of SCV's :D.

I watched some online tutorials, most players make a Supply Depot and barracks at a choke point to lock access to your base, then just keep hammering out SCV's, start mining vespene with 3-4 SCV's when made second barracks. <<Need to try those things, any other hints are more then welcome.

Thanks, will watch them, I was more thinking of ingame tips, like which bindings are mostly used, or what are good build orders, or other general tips, I already watched quite a bit of ingame video's.

Yeah I watched quite a bit vid's, but still doing some things wrong I feel.

For example: When I'm playing as Zerg, I'm fighting upfront, while making units with my lair's (with hotkeys), but how can I make the Queen to cast that 'Spawn Larva' stuff without having to target my lair? Or should I use camera binds for that?

terran opener:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQe6UqvCOT4
"
10 Supply Depot
12 Barracks
14 Supply Depot (Finish Wall-in... every map is different)
15 Refinery
16 Scout
17 Marine
17 Orbital Command
17 Tech Lab (First Barracks)
17 Supply Depot
18 2nd Barracks
18 Marauder
20 3rd Barracks
20 Supply Depot
24 Reactor on 2nd Barracks
26 Supply Depot
MAKE SUPPLY DEPOTS NONSTOP WITH 1 SCV
27 Tech Lab on 3rd Barracks
CONSTANTLY MAKE 2X MARINES AND 2X MARAUDERS FROM ALL BARRACKS.
35 2nd Refinery
PUSH OUT ONCE FIRST MARAUDER SPAWNS FROM 3RD BARRACKS
45 Stimpack
Constantly produce units.
"
protoss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah69S-TsQa8
zerg (pre-roach nerf :/): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBQApjw2RT0
^^
I noted the key points for each races on 3 ``post-its`` and put them in front of me when i play that race.
those vids and build orders helped me a GREAT deal to be semi decent

also a tweaked build I love atm for protoss
9 Pylon
10 Queue up 3 Probes and Chrono Boost their production twice in a row.
13 Gateway
14 1st Vespine Gas
16 Pylon
18 Cybernetics Core
18 2nd Vespine Gas
23 Stargate
24 Pylon
~25 stalker/zealot if needed
~25 air weapons lvl 1 + 1 chrono boost
soon as stargate finishes pump out 1 void ray constantly chrono boosting it, then pump another one wait till the 2 are together and try to sneak in his main to charge up on his gas refinery/assimilator/extractor then trash his army once the void rays are fully charged, usually wins me the game with proper micro :) although u gotta be really carefull not to be scouted or else u can get hard countered :(

I'm also reading that the ideal 'infrastructure' is 3 workers per gas 'refinery' and 2.5/3 workers per mineral field.

Usually I have like 5-10-15 workers on a gas field, is this bad? Why?

Yes 3 workers on EACH gas 4 is really max. but 3 is ideal. No point in putting in more because the Refinery cant produce faster. they just queue up in front of it waste of income.

Ah, that's why they just stand outside, lol.

Also found a nice hotkey vid for Zerg! (also fixing my queen larva problem :D)

nice vid sneez thx!

i used to hate zerg but these hotkeys make sense

I tried some 6 pool zergling strategy today and it worked wonders :D! 3 days ago I had no idea what a 6 pool was :rolleyes:.