Predictions/Chat: World Cup 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Will be very tough for Holland. So far Spain had 3 'tough' opponents and they steamrolled them all 3. Holland only had 1 (brazil) which they had a very hard time against (first half, not second half:D). I still have my hopes up for a good outcome for NL though :D!

Steamrolled? Spain was not over impressive in any of these games, and almost got knocked out by Paraguay. All the Spanish people at my work complain about this every day, and they all thought Germany would knock em out. :P

Anyway, it will still be a tough match but I wouldn't call Spain a big favourite, more or less 50/50 for the final. NL maybe didn't play very attractive footy this tournament, but they have the right spirit and flow. They battled themselves through so far and I can see them win this sunday. :)

Spain owned portugal (but couldn't score alot.) and pwned germany too now with very impressive play. But true, they are not reliable, when Ger attacked they had huge gaps in defense. + They lost the first game, and they struggled indeed vs Paraguay (which should have been easy seeing how Paraguay played vs Japan)

My bets on Holland :D :ol

Unlike everyone else i didnt see that Özil played good against Argentina and England. He loses too many balls and is crap at scoring.
Unlike most of the people who praised Özil you don't seem to know much about football. Sorry but to claim now he didn't play good is the biggest bs you can do. If you only look at the people with ball and rate players for their scoring/assisting then you can say that he played bad and unfortunately thats what most "fans" do. His play without the ball and his overview over the field is brilliant and even if he loses some balls, those 4-5 finishing passes he did vs england, argentina were amazing and enough to be praised for imo. I agree though that he wasnt as good yesterday but all germans were not (except maybe Schweinsteiger)

Spain were too good , as i said in Germany vs England game Germany didn't look that great(although they played some nice fluent counter attacks) england was just VERY poor and it shows now imo, Spain just didn't fall for simple counter attacks like Argentina and England did.

Still think Spain don't really have enough in the final 3rd if they did they would be winning matches allot more easily than 1-0 imo, and it really should be a brazil spain final if brazil didn't let in 2 howlers vs holland ;(

sorry dutchies but i'll be betting £25 on spain for the final , although you never know in sport it's all on the day! :P

Last edited:
Unlike most of the people who praised Özil you don't seem to know much about football. Sorry but to claim now he didn't play good is the biggest bs you can do. If you only look at the people with ball and rate players for their scoring/assisting then you can say that he played bad and unfortunately thats what most "fans" do. His play without the ball and his overview over the field is brilliant and even if he loses some balls, those 4-5 finishing passes he did vs england, argentina were amazing and enough to be praised for imo. I agree though that he wasnt as good yesterday but all germans were not (except maybe Schweinsteiger)

ye, because you are able to see the whole field while watching a match on TV. Actually you can't, so it's hard to conclude it exactly.
imho Müller had many more brilliant passes and stood nearly always at the right spot. Also Schweinsteiger was way superior when it comes to 1on1s.
Sure Özil has potential, but for me he's not the "Superstar" everyone sees in him. Too man unnecessary technical mistakes.

Doesnt he only predict matches for Germany ?
guess yes, but maybe they'll also let him predict the final. Who knows

Yes!!!!!!!!!! In Ur Face Germany, Atleast We Got An Englishman In The Final!!!!

Cmon Howard!!!!

In the euro cup 2 years ago, Paul predicted everything correctly, except the final.