Predictions/Chat: World Cup 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Quite ironic.
The Netherlands played like the german in previous tournaments and the german played like the dutch. :lol:
Hopefully this wont mean that the dutch also learned how to be successful in a german way ;)

Curious if history can repeat itself.

Like in 1974 the german team played their first match against australia.
Like in 1974 the Netherlands played well and reached the final. (i am guessing that they will in 2010)
Like in 1974 a German- dutch final could be possible.
Like 1974 there's a Müller with the number 13 in the squad :love:
And like 1974 a young and inexperienced team (that noone had on their radar b4 the tournament) playing nice attacking football (1974: the dutch, 2010 the germans)
Also there is an interesting pattern when looking that the german national team history:
1966: 2nd, 1970: 3rd, 1974: 1st
2002: 2nd, 2006: 3rd, 2010: ??

So it's 1974 again, just the other way round this time ;)

We'll see. I am still cautious. Football is strange sport sometimes. Everything is possible.

The whole concept of a pyshic octopus makes me laugh
dont fuck with Paul Gazz! Bet he's the most liked english beeing in germany atm.
oh btw: He also compared the size of our both penises, and after he read your name he laughed...and nearly drowned, but then he immidiatly got into my box saying that my little friend is atleast double of yours size!!! :takeit:

Actually i guess it was just pure luck that his predictions were right, but then i also heard that this octupus predicted 80% of the euro2008 matches correctly. Prolly he's the best "expert" on the planet. Way ahead of Pele, Beckenbauer and all the other "real" experts :teehee:

Great game by Germany, like i said before the WC even began, never bet against the German team doing well Schweinsteiger was brilliant.

All your earlier pessimism Bartio and look how good they are now!
Well it was against all odds.
Klose, Podolski out of form before the cup (Both shot only 3 goals in the whole last season combined for their clubs), Ballack injured, very young team, missing number 1 goalie, other injury problems.
Yes i was sceptical. I knew that this team has skill to play good, but i didnt dream that they are so cold blooded. Alsothe majority of the people here were sceptical.

Last edited:
Quite ironic.
The Netherlands played like the german in previous tournaments and the german played like the dutch. :lol:
Hopefully this wont mean that the dutch also learned how to be successful in a german way.

I haven't seen any 'samba' football from Germany so far, they are just full on defense playing on the counter. I didn't really watch the match yesterday 100% but from what I saw after the 1-0 Argentina was full on attack, Germany scored 2-3 goals by a counter? That's not samba football, this is what Germany has been doing for decades.

so you watched not 100%?
Seems according to your comment you saw just about 10% of the match :P

I haven't seen any 'samba' football from Germany so far, they are just full on defense playing on the counter. I didn't really watch the match yesterday 100% but from what I saw after the 1-0 Argentina was full on attack, Germany scored 2-3 goals by a counter? That's not samba football, this is what Germany has been doing for decades.

Only Brazil can play "samba" football and even they haven't done it properly for ages now.

Argentina were naive and very poor in defence - Demechellis, Otamendi, Heinze etc were really poor. Germany soaked up any attacking threat and then ripped their defence apart on the counter time and again. I would rather see that than "samba" football, which in the modern game is now less likely to work against organised teams.

Maradona gets all this adulatation (fuck knows why) for how he played in 1986 WC but the bottom line is that he is a joke, a cheat and a cocaine taking fool, delighted hes gone :D

dont fuck with Paul Gazz! Bet he's the most liked english beeing in germany atm.
oh btw: He also compared the size of our both penises, and after he read your name he laughed...and nearly drowned, but then he immidiatly got into my box saying that my little friend is atleast double of yours size!!! :takeit:

Actually i guess it was just pure luck that his predictions were right, but then i also heard that this octupus predicted 80% of the euro2008 matches correctly. Prolly he's the best "expert" on the planet. Way ahead of Pele, Beckenbauer and all the other "real" experts :teehee:

Well it was against all odds.
Klose, Podolski out of form before the cup (Both shot only 3 goals in the whole last season combined for their clubs), Ballack injured, very young team, missing number 1 goalie, other injury problems.
Yes i was sceptical. I knew that this team has skill to play good, but i didnt dream that they are so cold blooded. Alsothe majority of the people here were sceptical.

:lol:

He only did that in fear of being persecuted in that German Aquarium where he lives, he knows the truth about me and you really Bart ;)

Was Paul born in/from England then? If so why the hell did we give him to Germany ffs! :P

Yeah I know people were skeptical, most of the English "experts" said the same thing, but you always seems to produce when it matters, somehow!

If I were any manager at a top team I would send every last penny into getting Özil. The entire field is under his control, sometimes it's subtle, but sometimes very obvious. That last goal is a great example, that pass to Podolski, sprint to the outside and perfectly placed pass to Klose; that's not random, you can tell he planned it from the start and it would have worked every single time. I don't know how he played in the first half as I couldn't see it unfortunately, but the guy is a gem of the Germany team and imo the player of the tournament already. It's just not the bombastic dribbling 30-m goalkeeper terror that is usually classified as a great player, but he's always where he needs to be and is able to build up the play in a wonderfully efficient way! I'm a fan anyway, and I'd never even heard of the guy before this tournament :lol:

+1 :thumb: exactly what I've been saying the last 2 years :P

and btw

Attachments

• 27376_771754110_4936_n.jpg
    27376_771754110_4936_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 174
Maradona gets all this adulatation (fuck knows why) for how he played in 1986 WC but the bottom line is that he is a joke, a cheat and a cocaine taking fool, delighted hes gone :D

Gotta agree with that...bye bye Prima Donna.

Maradona has made more people happy then you have Gaz, show some respect. fact is we dont know what kinds of pressure he had been under. adored by millions and not wanting to let them down. you dont know until you've been in that position. Looks like his players love him too, he must be doing something right

Last edited:
Maradona has made more people happy then you have Gaz, show some respect. fact is we dont know what kinds of pressure he had been under. adored by millions and not wanting to let them down. you dont know until you've been in that position. Looks like his players love him too, he must be doing something right

:rofl:

No chance, he has no respect from me, he cheats, he takes drugs and imo generally sets a bad example, why should I respect that, why should anyone? There is no doubt he has made more people happy than I ever will, doesnt mean I have to like or respect him for it. What kind of a ridiculous statement is that anyway? Seriously you should engage your brain occasionally and come up with something reasonable for once.

He now lives off his past exploits (a gift which he ultimately wasted, got banned and then generally drifted off as a laughing stock) and if he is so good I am sure he could have done something better with arguably the most talented group of players at the whole WC. Barely scraped through qualifying, outplayed and made to look tactically foolish by the Germans yesterday? Please, it still amazes he how he even got the job in the first place.

Last edited:
- Murder Uruguay 5-0
- Substitude a defender for a player that will never play anyway
- In the last minute, let them get close enough to shoot at the goal to save a bit of face
- Have the substitute defender knock the ball off the line with his hands
- Dog pile in front of Suarez after the final whistle blows

:P

- Murder Uruguay 5-0
- Substitude a defender for a player that will never play anyway
- In the last minute, let them get close enough to shoot at the goal to save a bit of face
- Have the substitute defender knock the ball off the line with his hands
- Dog pile in front of Suarez after the final whistle blows

:P

haha would be well deserved, as much as i would hate dutch or german victory [VAMOS ESPANA] (wont hear the end of it if either wins on this forum) i would pay to see this happen

can you imagine if Uruguay goes on to win the cup, how much of a farce it would be

Last edited:
actually that would be quite cool X-Bomb.

And then Holland and Germany meet eachother......in the "little" final :teehee:

Sure spain played not so good the last matches, but i saw some nice passing in their previous games. If they start playing seriously they are one head above all others.

So imho: Spain-Netherlands final with Spain as winner.

Even though the last minutes were exciting, NL Was better most of the match, some defensive mistakes on both goals (and an insane Forlan). But from my pov NL was much better. Especially against a solid team like Uruguay, it was almost as if I was watching the second half vs Brazil.

Lot's of chances for NL, while Uruguay only had 2-3 shots at goal? (not counting the goals).

See you in Johannesburg tili :D