Predictions/Chat: World Cup 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

England was just much, much less effective than Germany all thoughout the match. Sure, there was some danger, but always via erratic long-distance shots and high crosses that could go either way depending on how the moon and the planets were aligned at the time. Germany was efficient and technically/strategically superior by many factors, which imo is mostly caused by Özil. It's been a looooong time since I've seen a player on the field with such a high amount of intelligence, awareness and self-control. It's like watching a sophisticated gentleman in a pit of monkeys and headless chickens, at times :P

Germany played good, but most of this was down to bad play by England (1st goal A+ defending from goal kick :rolleyes:) Second goal was again A+ defend but at least Germany showed some nice movements there. Still our defence was shocking though. In fact all Germany's goals were down to mistakes from England. (albeit exploited very well by Germany)

That being said - It should still have been 2-2 at half time. England would have reorganised and not opened the back door so much after half time. But since it was 2-1 we had to push.

We had a few chances actually, lampard nearly scored from a cross from milner - keeper got lucky it flipped off his fingers. Defoe nearly snuck in with a rooney pass, gerrard had a good save from the keeper late on. Lampard hit crossbar from freekick. I sure there is another 2 more chances that I forgot.

I think the big difference here is we had to push 2nd half instead of playing solid organised. (thanks 2-1 instead of 2-2)

However Germany won and deserved it. I will say Germanys defence is shocking as well, Neuer was awful in goal (looks so clumsy) and the other defenders were not brilliant either. Germany are very clinical going forward though, lots of other teams would have messed up the counter attacks.

It's a shame it didn't end 2-1, would've been funny to see the ridiculous excuses and pathetic cries about the disallowed goal :lol:

I will say Germanys defence is shocking as well, Neuer was awful in goal (looks so clumsy) and the other defenders were not brilliant either. Germany are very clinical going forward though, lots of other teams would have messed up the counter attacks.

:nod:

Not a single country has convinced me with their defence so far. Maybe Brazil a bit?

Englands defence was shocking, really poor goals we gave away. However Germany deserved it much more, played some good counter attacking football and as someone as already said, showed England for what they are - average at best.

Im tired of being let down by them and almost happy they have gone out as they have showed almost nothing in this WC and i think the tournament will be better without them in it.

:nod:

Not a single country has convinced me with their defence so far. Maybe Brazil a bit?

Portugal hasn't conceded a single goal yet while in a group with Brazil and Ivory Coast. Uruguay only conceded once vs a quick and furious South Korea.

They've been outstanding in defence imo!

cant wait for the germany argentina QF. It will be the hardest game.
Argentina is atm the best team and i seriously cant see the german team win against them.

But it will be a great match either way. Wheter it's a close one or even when one team dominates the other.
2006 germany won the QF match on penalties, prolly the next time it's payback ;)

I don't know really... I honestly can't see Argentina win against an organised, disciplined team. I think that with a good approach they can be broken up and beaten relatively easily, with the weak link being Maradonna, not the players. Disable Messi, play the others to the point of exhaustion and an amazing counter like Germany can produce should do the rest. The problem would be Lahm and a relatively wonky-looking goaly for Germany, but I think they have a good chance to beat Argentina on a good day :>

Portugal hasn't conceded a single goal yet while in a group with Brazil and Ivory Coast. Uruguay only conceded once vs a quick and furious South Korea.

They've been outstanding in defence imo!

First of all, Portugal played Brazil when Brazil had nothing to play for. Shit match, both not doing fuck all.

Second: Uruguay gave away loads of chances to both South-Africa and Mexico, they were just unlucky in finishing them.

So i don't really agree tbh.

I don't know really... I honestly can't see Argentina win against an organised, disciplined team. I think that with a good approach they can be broken up and beaten relatively easily, with the weak link being Maradonna, not the players. Disable Messi, play the others to the point of exhaustion and an amazing counter like Germany can produce should do the rest. The problem would be Lahm and a relatively wonky-looking goaly for Germany, but I think they have a good chance to beat Argentina on a good day :>

I agree with this pretty much, going to be a close game but do able for both teams aka coinflip in my book. :P I hope Germany will make it as I'm not a big fan of Argentina. :hangover:

Go Go Schland (and fu bart :P)

Finally, maybe we can talk about a different sport now we are out!

Glad to be proven right again, England are, always were crap and were never going to win. Everyone keeps mentioning the second goal disruption but, a team of the near wealthiest, best supported, most well equipped sportsman in the world shouldn't be giving up at 2-1 with over 45 mintutes to play. Regardless, the 2nd two goals were soft as.

Can't stand the English football team. Whinging, overpaid, overhyped, emotionally stunted, pikey nobcakes.

That said, I thought Germany played really well and would like to see them win the tournament, as a team that are exceeding expectations and being enjoyable to watch, unlike Spain, Brasil, Holland. Oh and portugal are just annoying.

Idd team well organized in tactics can beat Argentina (imo best for them would be Italy:whatever:). Best for Germans will be score few goals at start to break their morale (tho its almost impossible to score with Argentina @ start), or/and good solid defence and effective counterattacks.

not that the defence was ever amazing even with ballack :rolleyes:

Neuer made 2-3 mistakes but he also saved two 100% shots so I guess that everything is in balance and you can finally say he made an overall good match.

gg germany, england pld crap since I expected much more :(

not that the defence was ever amazing even with ballack :rolleyes:

Neuer made 2-3 mistakes but he also saved two 100% shots so I guess that everything is in balance and you can finally say he made an overall good match.

gg germany, england pld crap since I expected much more :(

:nod:...I was expecting more from them...I have another poule running and thier I have England losing to Portugal in the final :P

Now ................GO HOLLAND!!!!!!!