Predictions/Chat: World Cup 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nah i am just realistic :P

(btw germans are known for their "schwarzmalerei", they always rate their team low. so this makes me to a true german :p: )

Seriously:
Like Useless said, the national team were pretty cheap against Ghana, "just" okish against Serbia and brilliant against Australia. BUT they needed too man chances to score overall.

So yes, i guess, hell i even bet, that England will win.
Sure, some guys who'll play tomorrow won against England in the EC-U21 final with 4-0, so you could might think that they like to play vs England. But imho there's a huge difference between Senior level and U21.
So the lack of experience is a huge blow - i still think that.

Call me strange/crazy, but my stomach tells me that they will fail tomorrow.
And the last time i had this feeling was before the game against italy 2006. :hangover:

But dont get your hopes up too much. England will be demolished by Argentina in the next round :P

:lol:

My hopes have not been up since I saw England play vs the USA and then Algeria.

I can see where you are coming from but I think it will be v hard for England to win today, hopefully I am wrong ;)

englands defending was shit , germany didnt even play well to win 4-1 lol, just simple counter attacks , first goal just a big punt up the field :lol:

should have been 2-2 though might have made it closer for a while, referees at this world cup have actually been a joke to be honest, fricking terrible is quite embaressing for the game imo

England was way better first half. If it went 2-2 Germany wouldn't made 2 extra goals.

prolly sneez.

guess this game is another episode in the german-english football drama history. ;)

25pseg2.jpg

England was way better first half.
lmfao did you see a different game? No way England was better at any time, was very disappointed by them. I agree that the game wouldve had another outcome if the wembley goal (revenge :lol:) counted. But I still think Germany wouldve won anyway, because they played better

I think the score pretty much shows the difference between these 2 teams. With all due respect, germany simply outclasses england by miles. If you look at the nice combinations and creativity of the german team and compare it to the utter lack of these when england had the ball it was even slightly emberassing.

England was putting some nice pressure on germany after the 2-1 but let's be honest, they didn't get any good opportunities throughout the entire game (well, just the combination resulting in gerards chance in 81st min) sure the shot from lampard was a goal but still that was pretty much all england did, attempt to shoot from 20-30 meters. How many times did Rooney get a decent ball in the 16m, exaclty... 0 times.

I'm happy germany goes on, atleast they're exciting to watch.

lmfao did you see a different game? No way England was better at any time, was very disappointed by them. I agree that the game wouldve had another outcome if the wembley goal (revenge :lol:) counted. But I still think Germany wouldve won anyway, because they played better

England was better first 20 mins of the 2nd half.

Then they gave it away with 2 counters and from there they were broken resulting in germany playing better again.

was a gg, finally a "ok" team shows what England is

really hope Argentina wins tonight and sets up a good QF.. would like to see the cup go back to South America this time and not to Brazil!

I think the score pretty much shows the difference between these 2 teams. With all due respect, germany simply outclasses england by miles. If you look at the nice combinations and creativity of the german team and compare it to the utter lack of these when england had the ball it was even slightly emberassing.

England was putting some nice pressure on germany after the 2-1 but let's be honest, they didn't get any good opportunities throughout the entire game (well, just the combination resulting in gerards chance in 81st min) sure the shot from lampard was a goal but still that was pretty much all england did, attempt to shoot from 20-30 meters. How many times did Rooney get a decent ball in the 16m, exaclty... 0 times.

I'm happy germany goes on, atleast they're exciting to watch.

+1