Engerland v's Algeria

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless has a handle on the problem.
I am however a Scot and (in the eyes of the press) anti-english.
However I appreciate a sportsman wanting to do his/her best for their country.
And I truely want to see these sportsmen succeed.
Hence, my rhetoric.
Not going to nit-pic now and here, but as I have said, my wife has Slovenia in her work draw, so they (you) are on your very very lonesome.

Gordon Strachan MUST be the next logical selection surely.
Human dynamo the man.

Gordon Strachan MUST be the next logical selection surely.
Human dynamo the man.

As a Celtic fan I'm torn between loving and loathing Strachan. He delivered 3 in a row on a tight budget but the football he had us playing was dross and boring, and his signings were rubbish with few exceptions. Obviously signings won't be a problem for an international manager, I just wonder what kind of footy he could put together with this England team.

Hi :wave: Mike btw m8.

:wave: Dave :)

What I can't understand (but then I don't know anything about football) is why Heskey & Crouch are still in the English team. Why didn't the coach go for Wallcott?? Aaahh anyway they might wake up for the last group game. :hangover:

I think the press is why I get so pissed off at England. That team are sold to us as an amazing footballing side who just need to get a few good matches under their belt to set the world on fire, up there with Argentina, Brazil, whoever. And then I make the mistake of watching them and wonder if I've misread the TV schedule or something. This is a side capable of winning the WC? Really? Either that or the press are full of shit. They're mediocre at best and I wish the expectations could be lowered, as Tnega says. England supporters always overshoot and forget that the team are not nearly as good as they're made out to be.

This is the FIFA world ranking top 10. With England right between Argentina and France. If ppl think Argentina can be world champion, why not England? Apparently there's enough potential, maybe it's just Crapello's fault.

1 Brazil 1611 0 0
2 Spain 1565 0 0
3 Portugal 1249 0 0
4 Netherlands 1231 0 10
5 Italy 1184 0 0
6 Germany 1082 0 -25
7 Argentina 1076 0 -8
8 England 1068 0 0
9 France 1044 1 0
10 Croatia 1041 -1 -11

30 Algeria 821 1 0

Oh yea... and this :P
the-sun-world-cup-2010.jpg

we were just awful. no passion , no effort, worst 2 players Rooney and Johnson, rest not much better. we deserve to go home to be honest , such a waste we have best group of individuals for years and we play this shit. Rooney should not even start the next game imo, he acted like a child

Why Tnega, why??

An angry England fan managed to breach security and storm into the team dressing room last night to remonstrate with players after their dismal nil-nil draw.

David Beckham, who is now part of the coaching team, had to intervene and calm the fan down.

England players were stunned when they were faced with the furious supporter in a staggering breach of World Cup security.

What difference does it make to them if they win, lose or draw? They've had their pay day.. they've got their money from the sponsors and want to go home and spend it.

The WAGs will be bitching at them "Why you got to go out tonight and play silly football? I want to stay in and make babies. And in the morning there is this beautiful handbag I really need... and keep next Wednesday free because I want to go and look at some diamond rings"

Where is the drive to go further in this tournament? They don't give a fuck and Rooneys outburst at the cameras shows that he isn't the slightest bit patriotic.

no pace, no passion no effort no ball control havent seen england play this bad for quite some time

The only teams that didnt live to their "image" were Germany (who played good in the first and crap in the 2nd)

I dont agree. Kloses red card was harsh and Germany lost their focus after that1. Playing like 65 minutes with 1 player less is not easy. Still they had scoring chances and played quite well.

This is the FIFA world ranking top 10. With England right between Argentina and France. If ppl think Argentina can be world champion, why not England? Apparently there's enough potential, maybe it's just Crapello's fault.

1 Brazil 1611 0 0
2 Spain 1565 0 0
3 Portugal 1249 0 0
4 Netherlands 1231 0 10
5 Italy 1184 0 0
6 Germany 1082 0 -25
7 Argentina 1076 0 -8
8 England 1068 0 0
9 France 1044 1 0
10 Croatia 1041 -1 -11

30 Algeria 821 1 0

Oh yea... and this :P
the-sun-world-cup-2010.jpg

Tbh, what do the FIFA rankings mean? Stats don't determine the outcome of matches, they don't dictate how teams will play and who will or won't perform when needed. Fs Portugal are third? Did you see them the other day? They were wank, only one real star player and he couldn't influence the game as needed. Brazil first? Maybe by past experience, not necessarily current form.

And even if you are going to go by stats and rankings you cannot possibly take seriously a word printed in The Sun. I wouldn't wipe my worst enemy's arse with it. That front page is typical of its bullshit.

And even if you are going to go by stats and rankings you cannot possibly take seriously a word printed in The Sun. I wouldn't wipe my worst enemy's arse with it. That front page is typical of its bullshit.

:lol:

V true!

England are extemely poor at the moment. I am tired of the hype and the talk around how good they are and how they can win this and that. They only ever let everyone down and supporting them is becoming a real chore!

yer fo with the sun, there's a reason Liverpool boycott that piece of shit "newspaper" pffft FO THE SUN!