Funny Stuff (Ripped from the PU forums)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sorry, I was reading that site and it reminded me so much of my days here that I had to come and rifle through some old threads :D Decided to do a bit of necromancy whilst I was here.

What's to celebrate?

It was like 3-4 years of good community spirit, and then 6-7 years of whining, moaning, flaming bastards.

Martz said:
What's to celebrate?

It was like 3-4 years of good community spirit, and then 6-7 years of whining, moaning, flaming bastards.

doh said:
Which of those years were the ones with good community spirit? :P

I was thinking the same thing heh. First one that comes to mind is gazzy ion, nrg and the mi5 stuff. Then Ai and x-squad and so on almost 10 years ago. :prooap:

lol Ai and X-Squad? We were best buddies! We shared the same teamspeak for like 3 years. :grouphug:

There always was whining, flaming an moaning right from day 1. Hell a guy (whose name escapes me) bitched right when the league was formed about the fact that he'd had the idea first, and then there was the years of Gazzy fun that followed. Still most of it wasn't that bad, yes there were some fucked up characters, Gazzy and Grz spring to mind, but in general it was mostly just banter (although it may not have seemed that way at the time).

Still this place still holds mostly fond memories for me. Try as many of us did I don't think many found anything like it since (although my time in EvE came close). Hell we tried enuf times (BF1942, Destert Combat, BF2142 and Team Fortress 2), glad to see the Ache still has a (dead) forum here!

I do miss the Blackpool & Sweden trips and Rich's LANs tho :(

I'd do it if the same folk would come.

Oh and Phil I missed your call the other day but I still have 4 numbers for you so not sure which one to call back, send me a txt fella

Last edited:
Roddy you old fart, you still coming online with your ancient old P2-400? :)