Whats wrong with the league PLEASE READ 1ST MESSAGE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What is wrong with the current league format?

• Total voters
skip been following my tactics to the letter, he is an out and out fragger, which is where you put him, i asked him a few times to help back and he did it without a problem. Seems some people feel "threatened" by a new fragger

Loco albeit flaming has sort of a fair point, I remember at least 2 now totally inactive players mentionning torp specifically in their reasons to leave the league/ UTA community.

People mentioned me? Html what are you even talking about? Breen never left the league because of me... And no one has mentioned me as a reason to leaving. Loco said it and still plays more pugs and league than I do so whats your point?

Pitbull. That is just the narrow minded belief as to why your ideas will never work. The league is full of people who DONT pug and that is the whole point. I didnt contradict anything because if people left because of me and others flaming then why are there still so many people puggin WITH us on a regular basis.

Infact I dont actually recall Breen ever pugging with his statement sort of baffling me. And as for the league, well I will be amazed if he ever played for 8. Maybe before I came to the league but certainly not when I was around. Breen as good as left UT, particularly stdas in 2005 IMO. Are we going back that far when we had 5 divisions as to why the leagues dying?

If people cant discuss the issue properly, maybe admins can close the thread, rather than let some people start flaming when theyre crying ABOUT flaming :rolleyes:

The answer of the poll seems justified enough.

About zkyp. The guy came a few months ago as wish sed and started chatting shit 24/7. He came back recently, seemed more chilled out and played well but he almost fucked a pug or 2 by not following tactics. Not just a misunderstanding, down right refusing to go in a spot instead preferred to play a place he knows he can be #1 fragger. AS an assaulter you should be aware of the importance of teamplay and zkyp often shows none. Deserved all the flames he got from insp IMO.

Not following tacs has been quite common by some people who want to be the nr 1 fragger. Mostly when they are on a team where they aren´t "friends" with the captain. If an objective back defence/save would give (lets say 5 frags) instead, this wouldnt be an issue :)

On the other hand these following things could be put in the same category of "non-teamplaying":
Camping armors (timing armors by suiciding included)
Taking all ammo of some kind
Soloing objectives/beeing a "hero"
Shooting ppl down from the Siege tower or another high wall/building
Destroying team launches

i dunno why anyone with any sort of dissent is outcast by you torp, your so narcissistic
want to hear yourself talk only- go chat with a mirror

i have read the whole thread and it is my sincere opinion that the flaming and whining deter many "less skilled" players

and thats not even to say they arent as skilled, most people play this for fun not as a hardcore competitive league anymore... some people (irie!) play at 3am high as a kite only... atomas mentioned it but you dont even care to deal with it. just because people wont play bt 5hours till 4am with you doesnt mean they deserved to be bitched at.

remember when mcpott played like 5 pugs few months ago? he gets 900 binds thrown at him and i dont even think he understood the flames. (SO WHAT IF HE DOENST MOVE ALOT AT LEAST HE DONT CRY LIKE...)

if you get your pride and ego from a fckin computer game you got some serious issues.

I am going to tell you one last time pogo, because frankly all you are trying to do is stir the pot once again.

These so called flamers do not and have not played in the league in a good 3 years. It is the last year where it has declined in clans by over 50%. The flamers do however exist in Pug, where the supposed people who LEFT the league play regularly. It is total contradiction.

If you want to throw me in there as someone who flames new players then go ahead, but it would be wrong. My last 3 clans have been playing with players new and old. There are plenty of people who don't get flamed. Skalman gets flamed by various people like XB and Salva and twnz, people who you fall to your knees for yourself pogo so maybe you should look at your own friends rather than pointing the finger.

Attitudes may well be a reason why people have left in the past but for the 17th time, this is to address 1 thing and 1 thing only. The active puggers not participating in league. Get it? Probably not.

in the end the biggest problem is lack of players. there are just too few of us who play and for an 11 year game that's surprising as it is that people still play

that's not how this thread started but how it evolved Torp

besides don't get me into this subject. I was just saying that you refer statements as being bullshit, but these statements are actually facts. It's like saying that the Israeli's didnt kill any Palestines, but the bodies say otherwise.. furthermore.. i don't object anything you're trying to do. I think it's noble! i'm just saying the way you're trying to acchieve this, is for you a one way road in which you're statements are the only things that count. At least, that's how I feel it.

anyways... I'm out!

Last edited:
anyone who posts anythign is stirring?
every single post here that you dont like you contradict...
i dont get if your sincerely wanting opinions or just wanting to hear yourself rant

Whats wrong with the league PLEASE READ 1ST MESSAGE
1. attitudes
2. uneven clans resulting in boring matches

look at your "pug" list, most of them are elite players, how would you suggest dividing such talent without making a superclan again

for the record- mayhem tnt was like 8-6 last week, a really close and competitive match..

problem = ppl not active any more. Ppl got better things to do and have other things in their schedule.
Not possible to field 6 players same time a weekday anymore. U cant do much about that really. Yes attitude is a sub problems also but has nothging to do with the leauge activnesss.

U need a big change. How i dont know. prolly create new more equal teams with less played and active players.
only way. Like the cup last time 5v5. Only way

Breen, I said it was bullshit because Pogo has sed several times during arguments on irc about it. He has no serious part in this thread and is solely here to wind up. However, onto what you said. They are not "facts", so much as speculation. There is no evidence that flaming has forced people to leave other than yourself. Hardly a great number of samples is it. Secondly, I was slamming what he said because people "leaving" has no bearing on what this poll is about. It is about getting current active players to play but they would rather play pug instead.

Pitbull, yes there is a reduction of players, no doubt. I still believe there is a healthy number here still. I named nearly 30 clanless actives off the top of my head in less than 1 minute, now if I actually spend 10 minutes checking out pugs and stats and the league itself I would find closer to 60. 6 more clans in this league and it would be just as healthy as it was in 2007.

The poll here was "what is wrong with the league setup", not what is killing it. Maybe people being twats started it off some years ago but kicking out the flamers or stopping them from flaming is not going to bring anyone back, so lets focus on why active players are deciding not to play, shall we?

If you have nothing to contribue Bart, then don't post at all. You're really helping noone, at least Torp is trying to keep a discussion going
Aye alright...asif countless discussion, always started and done by the same people, will help :teehee:

Actually i had summin to contribute, but it seems your agony made you blind. :(
There are many guys here that alrdy said that it's prolly time, but you dont accept this as a "real" contributation?
Like pogo said to html: if you just want to hear what your opinion is, talk to a mirror.

Instead you guys say that: "yeye we know what you say, you repeat yourself, now shup". Well, unfortunally you guys say always the same too:
"plx giev ideas to safe the league!!!!", then we've to come up with "there is no way to save it".

You wonder why people love to play PUG and dont wanna join the league? it's so simple and obvious, that i cant get why you people still think that you can change anything at all.

PUG = equal teams, different teams every match, short matches, no responsibitly, no sheduling, play when you wanna play
league = no equal teams, long matches, responsibility, sheduling, play when the match is sheduled, no competition anymore

Both are too different. It's impossible to create a league 2.0 by modifying few details so PUG-lovers wanna join the league. Never ever.

But maybe.......maybe if you (ofc with Torp) can discuss more then you'll come up with a brilliant solution to increase the league fun up to 300%!!!
Suddenly you'll see what exactly the league needs - maybe pink ammo packs - and every PUG player will insanely register to play in the pool of joy, also known as UTA league!

Dream on boy, at the end this discussion will end like zillion other discussions before:
Mym will refer that Timo has no time to change anything and this thread dies slowly - in a way the league does since a long time.
Happyend? Nah, coz Torp comes up with it again on a sunny thursday morning in approx. 2 months and it all starts once more. :yawn:
Hooray!

oh and i seriously dont like you and you obviously dont like me. I'm pretty fine with that.
Everyone who cant stand my rubbish posts is free to add me to the almighty ignore list. Simple, aint tit?

Last edited:
:yawn: Give it a rest bart, we know you retired already, you dont need to remind us.

PUG = equal teams, different teams every match, short matches, no responsibitly, no sheduling, play when you wanna play
league = no equal teams, long matches, responsibility, sheduling, play when the match is sheduled, no competition anymore

HENCE THE FUCKING POLL. I give up.

A good illustration might be that pugs are UT fast food, while league games are UT healthy diet. Most people realise that the healthy diet would be much better for them if they could just be arsed to follow it, but they can't and so they go with the fast food cos it's easier, quicker, and tastier :drool2:

I would rather play great league matches than disposable pugs, but great league matches don't really happen any more and probably never will again. So, the best available is a frenetic pug. How often do you see a great pug finish and the same 12 players hurry to re-sign? I see it just about every time. This used to be the case with league games - play a great one and the turnout next time in your clan's squad would be huge. But it's the opposite now, people don't show because they know what's on offer.

As for active puggers not participating in the league, I think we all know why by now and it's clear that they're not going to change. And they don't have any obligation to either, so the league dies bit by bit and the pugs endure. It's nobody's fault, it's just that change is inevitable :\

:yawn: Give it a rest bart, we know you retired already, you dont need to remind us.

HENCE THE FUCKING POLL. I give up.

u cannot implement pug like rules to league for various reasons:
-say u rate players and balance clans, people wanna play with whom they like and some dislike or even hate others so this cannot happen
-booking system is flawed as u got no guarantee ur team or the opposing clan team will show up at a given date
-other reasons i posted above and also some issues already addressed by others which i will not take the time to paste

now u counted so many clanless people torp, how many of them showed interest in this post and took the time to post their opinions and suggestions? this leads me to believe that they just cba with the league anymore so based on that u cannot say we can have another 5-6-7 etc clans cause not all of the clanless people would want to play (i for one wouldnt and i doubt any change made will bring me back)

purpose of this thread is to accumulate as much information as possible about the handful of people who still want to play and then if possible implement the changes needed based on their feedback. now if u cannot get enough to show some interest here i doubt any admin would put any effort into it in the end

keep this post running for a while tho and draw ur own conclusions torp and then i will be curious to see what u will come up with

I wont personally do anything. MyM on the other hand, might. He pointed me in the direction of doing this poll.

I said a few days ago League made like pug wouldn't work, indeed. But some aspects must be useful, be that variable team sizes or map amount, just like in Pug.

Actually quite a few of that list did make some contribution here. And it has been only a few days, wait a bit longer, maybe another week and see the results. Maybe you are right, maybe as I said in the first post and on djs thread that we have gone past the point of saving it. I refuse however to listen to an idiot like Bart who stopped playing this game years ago cry about how we are playing in a dead league. Trolling forums 24/7 in a game he doesnt play. When league goes and forums with it, where the hell will the guy spend his time :lol:.

36 voters, 22 saying they would like reduced map amount, IMO proves it needs to be done, even if it turns out ineffectual.

Final word on the matter. Pitbull you will be aware of this.

If league goes, what makes you think pug stays? Website, forums, IRC will all have to be retained with only pug being the purpose for doing so. No irc=no bot. Where do we get cheat pretection from? Auth will go so back to fakenicking. Where do people read the rules? How do we let people know of updates and other pug related information like maps and cheat pretection? Why would doh and martz who for the last 8 years since they retired have kept irc and forum domain open, keep it going without the underlying motivation, i.e. the league, open? Why should mym keep funding for a server and ts for something he rarely plays? No dog, that means closure of publics, dfpp already gone. That means Timo will be gone, so who helps with coding of the bot and the other important stuff he helps with?

So many issues come along with the closure of the league and I think a lot of you take it for granted. A lot of people who play pug especially will regret it when the league goes and start begging the likes of mym and doh to keep everything running.