soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

RUMOURS!!! MAY 3RD

Luis Suarez - Ajax to Arsenal - £22m
Kevin Doyle - Wolves to Arsenal - £10m
Maynor Figueroa - Wigan to Sunderland - £8m
Simon Kjaer - Palermo to Arsenal - ??
Ashley Young - Aston Villa to Manchester City - £22m

Steve McLaren - FC Twente to Wolfsburg - Manager

You can have Suarez now he's still worth the money! Last bit of the season he wasnt really in top shape.. While everyone in Ajax was playing better and better, he kinda lost it..

Maybe finally Krkic to Ajax? ;)

Doubt Krkic will leave, he says he loves it at Barca and Guardiola said he had a big future AT Barca just recently.

got drunk on saturday my team got the championship! 91 fans arrested 1 police officer lost the eye, one fan got shot in the chest! u gotta love the balkans:rolleyes: yeah couple of trams and buses got demolished 2!

This thread is for football, not table tennis.

Doubt Krkic will leave, he says he loves it at Barca and Guardiola said he had a big future AT Barca just recently.

pretty much this ye. Also shows from the fact that guardiola brought him in the semi final of the CL at a critical moment. Wtf happened to henry anyway?

I've got to agree to some kind with free. Of course english/spanish leagues still have more top teams. Only Bayern can compete on international level. But I do also think that the Bundesliga is the most balanced league in europe.
If we'd put all 18 Bundesliga teams and best 18 english teams together into one there would probably end up 4 premier league teams in top5, but the germans would gain more points in total over a season. Just because the rest of english teams are very very poor and you have to admit that. Same goes for Spain and Italy.

At the moment Spurs, Aston Villa, Everton, Man City and Liverpool would match most of your german teams imo, especially over an entire season.

Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea would dominate them, except maybe for Bayern who i think have done well this season and have some v good players.

Completely baffling to me why you think all the teams apart from the top 4 are very poor.

So basically i would say you are very wrong with regards to the premier league, but like someone else said, everyone likes their own league so its a rather pointless discussion :P

The swedish league is beyond poor. Anyone who says differently is bonkers and should have their head looked at. Premier League is imo, still the most competative league in the world. Just because top4 + villa/citeh/spurs are strong doesn't mean the rest of the teams aren't.

:sofa:

At the moment Spurs, Aston Villa, Everton, Man City and Liverpool would match most of your german teams imo, especially over an entire season.

Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea would dominate them, except maybe for Bayern who i think have done well this season and have some v good players.

Completely baffling to me why you think all the teams apart from the top 4 are very poor.

So basically i would say you are very wrong with regards to the premier league, but like someone else said, everyone likes their own league so its a rather pointless discussion :P

I think everyone is taking what the germanics are saying wrongly, they aren't saying that the teams in the PL are worse than in the germanic league, they saying that its alot more competitive because anyone can manage to win it as they are all equally bad :P, where as in the PL, its the same old chelsea/utd, maybe arsenal once in a decade :lol:.

But in terms of how strong the teams are, I think the PL teams own the germanic ones, up and down the league!

I think it is harsh to say they would own anyone in the BL up and down.

The Bundesliga has Teams like FC Bayern, Hamburger SV, Werder Bremen, VFL Wolfsburg, Schalke 04, Borussia Dortmund and 1-2 more clubs which do play quite well.

It's just my opinion regarding to the comments I've read, but you seem to totally underestimate the german 1st Bundesliga, that's a pitty.

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? :rofl:

im talking about , his overall game isn't that good , he is just a great goal scorer, and gets into good positions.

fabregas is better imo , he changes a game with his teamplay and after all football is a team game , just my opinion that fabregas is prob best player in the world atm , allot would disagree though i guess. Rooney is the best striker imo for his overall work ethic for the team and skill combined.

Not at all. I never said that. Both teams today looked weak, slow and the match looked like it was going to be a tie. No team moved the ball quickly, player movement was bad all over the pitch and in the end, Gerrards.. mistake gave you the confidence you needed to actually create something. Before then and certainly most of the time after Chelsea created next to nothing except for Lampards goal and the Anelka miss.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Chelsea win it over Manchester United, just think that Chelsea should've done a lot better today as they're playing for the title with 1 game left after this. They looked awkward for a long time is all.

i agree tbh , if gerrard didnt set up drogba could wel of been 0-0 game giving united the title, the way the game was played it was almost like liverpool had a big pay off to throw it , but then again they are just crap and benitez needs to go , which i've been saying for about 2 seasons

RUMOURS!!! MAY 4TH

Joe Cole - Chelsea to Liverpool - Free
Gonzalo Higuain - Real Madrid to Manchester Utd - ??
Connor Wickham - Ipswich to Tottenham - £6m
Yossi Benayoun - Liverpool to Tottenham - £9m
Robinho - Manchester City to Santos - Permanent
Pato - AC Milan to Chelsea - Combined 80m
Thiago Silva - AC Milan to Chelsea - Combined 80m

Ronald Koeman - Unattached to Celtic - Manager

And Greece won the EC.

PL and PD are equally strong. Bundesliga has surpassed Serie A. League 1 is getting stronger. Fabregas is good, but not as good as both Xavi and Iniesta.

Ty

Xavi and iniesta have been hyped like fuck since spain became EC champs (architects of the team etc etc the common bullshit)... I'm not saying they're bad but Xavi for expample was neutralised so easily vs inter (just as messi was aswell) furthermore they are good for offensive play but their 1.68m is not getting them anywhere defensive wise. VS a physicly strong team that playes tight they suck balls, as does rest of barca.

Also UEFA league imo is not too big of a deal, its the cup no one wants to win until they're knocked out of the CL or didn't qualify for the CL in the first place... opponents are not too strong hence reaching the final is not over impressive for any team. I would like to remind you that feyenoord won this cup not too long ago (ok 7 years already) and their last championship is a century ago :lol:.....

Anyway, almost all national competitions were pretty close this year, so kinda an exciting year for footy. :D