Nrg's ban, UTA rules, my opinion.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NAJA!!!

Old 1 Day Ago
INITIATE OF THE COUNCIL
OF SUPREME SPAMMERS

Send a message via ICQ to Biebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by -nRg- View Post
2. Sorry biebel but you should be aware of the fact that I like to flame now and thenand during our 1vs1 I freaked out but anyway I thinkt that we're old enough to sort it out by ourselves, so plz answer me Biebel.
Here on Uta, icq, or irc.
I so did not wanted to reply on this thread but here we go.

NRG,

Sure, there is a lot of flaming in UT, but there is a thin line between flaming and insulting people personally. It is evident that you crossed that line. This game is supposed to be fun. Only you, me and the admins know what you said, I cba to put it out there.

Don't expect me (and others) not to report such things, it is how the system works. I don't expect any pitty either. About your apology, yes I'm sure you want to get this undone but accepting your apology will not change your action and does not guarantee anything. Bottomline is, people should think before they act.

Yes, I'm sure that my report contributed to the admins decision to ban you, but tbh this is out of my hands. Unless the admins can convince me otherwise, it does not matter if I accept your apology or not. The way I see it, you and me are done.

An old bull and a young bull were standing on a hill overlooking a cow pasture. The young bull says, "Why don't we run down this hill and nail ourselves a cow?" The old bull replies, "Let's walk down and nail them all."

--------------------------------------------------------- biebels answer......

Last edited:
i think i would have answered in the same way bieb did.. the admins actually made a decission and you have to accept it. but u should also ban that B! guy aswell then :) and if he dont play leaguematches, you could punish him with a ban on every league linked server.

Normally I would agree with what Breen and Useless said, however it is obvious going by posts in this thread and likewise ones that a lot of people dislike the current system.

As has been explained earlier, the key-actions are required from the individual players to get something done, you have to be insulted/offended and then actually bother to report (now this is fine normally) but in this community it simply doesn't work.

This is due to vague criteria such as "it was a joke", "it was in some sort of context" what so ever. Since this doesn't make it a clear situation there is a lot that goes by unpunished.

Also as Useless and some others might've said, what about words like faggot/gay, they are commonly used in this community and I bet that if I report someone saying it within a certain context it would 100% not lead to a ban ever. So reporting such things are just useless and therefor don't ever and won't ever happen.
Add to this that something 2 people might find funny or a joke might be very offensive towards someone that is excluded from the conversation but still reads it. Can he report this (I'm sure it doesn't happen in 99% of the cases, and won't be punished often either as it was 'a joke' between the 2 of them,( this has actually happened in the past).

It's funny (and sad) to see how fast we have a similar situation as the one that led to NRG's ban, I think that says enough.

So I think it would be better to accept that we have a very unmannered league here, and add some stricter rules, as in no offensive talk at all ('stfu' 'su' should already count and add up to a ban), which would help a lot. The only downsides of this is that it will increase the admins work with a vast amount (way more reports :D) and 50% of the league would be banned within a week.

^^

uta lacks any sort of manners, it has always been like that.
Just search the forums, there were many this kind of discussions the 'old admins' allowed it to spread and there are results. In many cases it's being excused by freedom of speech, which is idiotic but it's what it is here.

When you look at some other gaming communities the flaming in terms of racism is being threaten seriously to the point player is being perma banned from it.

Not that it matters much, it's too late for dirastic changes anyway.

So I think it would be better to accept that we have a very unmannered league here, and add some stricter rules, as in no offensive talk at all ('stfu' 'su' should already count and add up to a ban), which would help a lot. The only downsides of this is that it will increase the admins work with a vast amount (way more reports :D) and 50% of the league would be banned within a week.

^^
This would still rely on people reporting offenses to the admin team and if people don'r report serious offenses like racist slurs and/or other mean stuff about so and so's mother then why would they report a harmless stfu?

Sense, it makes none.

Besides, I seriously doubt the adminteam will want to bring an even higher workload into their lives, esp as they do everything pro-bono.

This would still rely on people reporting offenses to the admin team and if people don'r report serious offenses like racist slurs and/or other mean stuff about so and so's mother then why would they report a harmless stfu?

Sense, it makes none.

It obviously makes a ton of difference as it would not only be much easier for the community to monitor itself, but also these dumb criterea are discarded, there is no gray area or acceptable insults as there are now.

Sense, it makes an awefull lot.

Yes it would require a lot of time from a lot of admins but it beat's our current 'rules' hands down.

Either way, as Anti said, it's problably too late for such drastic changes, but I'm still a bit dissapointed with the current situation we got, not blaming it on admins obviously, but more on the people that flame 24/7. I am really fed up with this crap.

So you want people to report offenses because it says so in the rulebook rather than cos they're offended by what's been said? No, I don't like that. I don't wanna be forced to report people! :p

532.jpg

:sofa:

No Maxiz, but I think you missed the point in general.

Currently the rules are set up in a way that they rely on the community to act. Since the majority either doesn't mind or doesn't care it is not easy to monitor this league as minority (individuals) hence, as you can see, hardly anything is done currently.

Now if you make strict rules, majority/minority doesn't matter anymore, rules are rules its pretty simple, I could report anyone I want for the obvious, while now if I would report somone for a 'minor' insult I would get a reply in the direction of: this is normal/ a joke/ within a context / the majority thinks this is ok/ etc.

I like this a lot more. There have been various attempts to get rid of certain things (your mum/cancer-related and more or less personal stuff, pliskin/lucy/malice jokes) but they just keep coming back as little is done because majority thinks its not such a big deal. This would not happen with strict rules against it.

i think malice or psy hacked rafts forum account

c'mon admin team run to the ip correlation chamber and don't come out untill you've got results gentlemen!!!

(at least my post has the merit of being Chit Chat worthy, unlike most in this thread :hangover:)

Status
Not open for further replies.