Heroes of Newerth

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Malice!

Crusading against BRaiNRaiN!
Dec 27, 2005
Hull
Found out about this game a few weeks ago, really interested in playing it.

However, the beta is currently closed and the only way to get a key is to wait.

I've been waiting a few weeks now and really can't see myself getting a key, so was wandering if anyone had a spare beta key that they are not using.

If you have, (which I highly doubt as they seem to be hard to get a hold of) I'd appreciate if you could PM me it.

Regards :D

i dont mind

your uta gallery pic is on 4chan now

OWNED

btw its not 99% similar to dota in EVERY aspect
the map layout is 99% similar
the neutral units are 90% similar
the music and graphics are all redone but same perspective

there are only 60 heroes in HoN and over 85 (i think) in dota
about 10 of these 60 heroes in HoN are completly unique and some even use gameplay mechanics not possible under the warcraft 3 engine
the remaining 50 are either complete copies (except for the name and skin of the heroes) or slight/big variations of the dota heroes

basically HoN is what UT2k3/4 SHOULD have been to UT 99, the same game, with better graphics, few things that make the game smoother to play (server listing, buddy system, more convenient HUD etc...) but the most important thing, the SAME gameplay feel to it that made the game so popular in the first place and with a reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGtG8W25Q7E

I guess I also have beta invites to since a former clanmate of mine Chaos2u gave me his account

ert and malice if u wanna add me I play with 2 accounts:
Chaos2u: psr<1500 noob account that I use to play with QiutiQ :P
Feadin: psr 1692 my main account with a decent 1.1 k/d ratio
btw for those wonder psr = public skill rating, it is used to balance public games and make fair teams, and it works like the ELO rating for chess, (you start at 1500 and you gain/lose more by playing stronger opponents and barely win/lose any for playing vs noobs)

also:
Spoq and raft play Dota
QiutiQ and me play HoN

Thanks alot for this Ulv. :D

I'll throw you a buddie invite or whatever HTML, when I get some time to play. :)

taken from their website, btw IceFrog is the current head of DOTA as we know it.

You are about to play a stand alone DotA based game. We have asked IceFrog if he had any objections to this and he did not, he is ok with it. Heroes of Newerth contains both content very similiar to DOTA and brand new content of S2 Games' creation.

We wanted to take a moment to share with you why it is very important you do not share this information with anyone, and to give some insight as to why we chose to create Heroes of Newerth:

1. At S2, we're huge fans of DOTA, and were pained to see how it was being held back on the warcraft 3 engine. DOTA style gameplay deserves a stand alone game so competition can be taken to the next level. As a MOD, DOTA faces many obstacles and boundaries that a stand alone title like Heroes of Newerth does not.
2. We also felt that the experience of playing and finding DOTA games online could use some drastic improvement. With HoN, there are many features and tools to make playing online (both with friends and by yourself) a much easier and more enjoyable experience. Your position as testers will help us perfect and fine tune these features, as well as allow us to see how they perform under various conditions.

League of Legends > HoN

I played LoL too I did participate in the Cup as well ended up 3rd with my team. Its so easy compare to HoN. I get crushed in HoN, HoN is more challenging and more fun imo!

HoN > LoL

U can add me QiutiQ on HoN! :D