Your Top 10 movies of the last decade

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

In no order:

1. Batman : The Dark Knight
2. Lucky Number Slevin
3. Saw
4. Phone Booth
5. Blood Diamond
6. Step Up 2
7. Troy
8. Catch Me If You Can
9. Unleashed (/ Danny the Dog)
10. Black Hawk Down

Im sure their is more that I just cant remember, but these I found were pretty good entertainment. Breen I find most of them "art" movies quite boring!!!

Last edited:
here we go

:D

j/k :D i liked ink and the fall for example :nod:
Pan's Labyrinth was great, too. and slumdog millionaire rocked. (where is the border here, tho? cause these two productions e.g. seemed quite pro as well. but maybe they were still indie or cheap or dunno.)

Last edited:
Do u guys only watch blockbusters? Jezus, there are more films than hollywood superproductions!
And just to say some:
Cidade de Deus
Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away)
Million Dollar Baby
Almost every movie from pixar
The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)
Old boy
Requiem for a Dream
Snatch
The hurt locker
Training day
Tropa de Elite...

Last edited:
Do u guys only watch blockbusters? Jezus, there are more films than hollywood superproductions!
And just to say some:
Cidade de Deus
Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away)
Million Dollar Baby
Almost every movie from pixar
The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)
Old boy
Requiem for a Dream
Snatch
The hurt locker
Training day
Tropa de Elite...
Million Dollar Baby, Pixar movies, TDK and Training Day aren't big Hollywood productions? :lol:

k. you go ahead and tell yourself that.

Million Dollar Baby, Pixar movies, TDK and Training Day aren't big Hollywood productions? :lol:

k. you go ahead and tell yourself that.
Well maybe u cant read properly but what i said is "do u guys only wathc blocbusters?.
Do u really think that someone that loves movies hates every single thing that comes from hollywood? There are tons of great movies from there but if ur top 10 its only from hollywood somth is wrong.

where is the border here, tho? cause these two productions e.g. seemed quite pro as well. but maybe they were still indie or cheap or dunno.

from wikipedia:
An art film (also known as “art movie”, “art house film”, or in the collective sense as art cinema) is typically a serious, noncommercial, independently made film aimed at a niche audience rather than a mass audience. Film critics and film studies scholars typically define an “art film” using a “...canon of films and those formal qualities that mark them as different from mainstream Hollywood films”, which includes, among other elements: a social realism style; an emphasis on the authorial expressivity of the director; and a focus on the thoughts and dreams of characters, rather than presenting a clear, goal-driven story.

So I guess the focus in arthouse movies lies in the story that the director wants to tell, rather than appealing a large audience with a large budget I think.. I reckon this can create a more authentic and original story than those hollywood blockbusters

Well maybe u cant read properly but what i said is "do u guys only wathc blocbusters?.
Do u really think that someone that loves movies hates every single thing that comes from hollywood? There are tons of great movies from there but if ur top 10 its only from hollywood somth is wrong.
No but to me it sounded like you looked down on people that enjoy blockbuster movies when you yourself list ~10 movies in which half of them are big productions.

oh my goodness! hahaha! i really have to disagree with that :rolleyes:
it's just one of those movies that can win an oscar thanks to it's moral.. and cheesy lovestory..

Just 10 that were high on my rate-after-watching list... in no particular order (well, alphabetically :P)

• District 9
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Feast of Love
  • In Bruges
  • Into the Wild
  • Scent of a Woman
  • Sexy Beast
  • Snatch
  • TBS (Dutch movie)
  • The Mark of Cain

cba to see whether they're from the last decade either :D :teehee:

Seven Samurai, Old Classic
Star War´s, Saga
Lord of the ring´s, Saga
Matrix´s, Revolutionary
Kill Bill´s, Women Samurai can it be better?
Resident Evil, Another women kickasser
Ultimate Fighting "The movie showing UFC 1. Was later drawn back in Sweden because of the brutality with No Rules in the Octagon"
Marvel´s movies, always fun to watch

Some of Bamzz favorites this is! :satan:

i only watch movies i am pretty sure of that they will be worth my time, which just is more likely with well known movies.

@breen, max, solar and all who have seen a lot movies:
what other movies are like american psycho, boiler room and scarface? you know about money, bit crazy and stuff. fuck it, they can even be artsy :p:

Try The Color Of Money, seas. It's Paul Newman and Tom Cruise, Newman is a pool hustler trying to train brilliant young player, Cruise, takes him around the country etc. It's terrific, definitely a keeper but one which a lot of people may have missed.

Im very surprised no1 mentioned "Law abiding citizen". If you didnt see it yet i recommend it very much.
I loved it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1197624/

And The Hurt Locker just won oscars due to all americans getting "touched" by the movie really. Not a big surprise but i wouldnt say its one of the top 100 in 10 years to be honest.