Sniper Lag

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rob1000100

Nov 19, 2002
Okay, this is the issue;

When scoped in with the sniper if I switch to another weapon or run out of ammo so the next weapon is automatically switched to I lag like hell. Essentially I get a full freeze up for 2 or 3 secs like I am taking a screenshot (over the 2 or 3 seconds I will only get 2 or 3 frames). I also seem to lag if anyone starts shooting while scoped in on the roof of Hispeed; :mad:.

The problem with this is I cannot defend roof on hispeed nor can I quick switch with the sniper, I have to constantly watch ammo and manually un-scope to avoid any lag. :sniper:

Has anyone come across this or know of any solution?

Cheers

I used to have that back in the times of playing with my weapon hand set to "right".

I use hidden nowadays and have no problems.

Maybe you've got you're weapon showing and it's causing the problem?

Good luck mate. :)

i had the same problem when i used glide for the first 5 or 6 years of UT.
now i am useing d3d and still have it.
not sure about ogl?

I used to have it too, that's kinda crap.
now only happens sometimes, there have been times when it stayed with the zoom and HUD was all blurry and blinks...
to solve that I had to delete both user and unrealtournament .ini or replace them with backup .inis :\
but it never happened anymore so dunno what was that.

Yeah I get that a lot. Especially on roof of hispeed when someone is shooting shock beams at you. Never found a solution.

Probably just comes down to cpu/gpu/renderer I guess

i think the shock beam is made up of heaps of single 2D textures.
this can slow things down when there is a long beam visible.
not 100% sure about this tho.