Incarnation - t3h UT1 community movie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

true, i think the movie still kicks ass.
in my opinion it is the best ut movie of all time
(similar to mercurial and get quaked 3 for quake).

of course editing-wise (how is that glowing map-in-map portal done and stuff?? i mean to make it fit so perfectly, don't you have to have some kind of pattern tracking?), but also 90% of the frags were outstanding imo. i mean, i shook my head after every second scene and told myself how incredible that stuff is. and i also know this game for 10 years now and i watched gitz' 1v1 demos, too :D

so to sum it up: wiz4 (and subz, right??) -> great job!! (best ever imo)

for as far as I know it was subz his pet project but he was too busy, never get around to making it. So they teamed up and w1z4 basicly did everything from there, but it was subz that came up with the idea. Correct me if I am wrong though!

and to be honest I agree with most things he said! The movie itself is not superbly creative. Most of the visual stuff is copied by the work of andrew kramer from videocopilot.net and other tutorials! It's perfectly implemented though.. no discussion on that.

I am not that much experienced to say as a normal audience movie listener and viewer how much own work and creativity that might also increase the current movie genre limit by setting up a new high level standard is included.
The result is what counts in the end. All the lovely details and the music that round up the movie as a whole, by not looking added to have eye or ear catchers, that is the higher art I always appreciated while I watched the movie over and over again.

The intention is to have a delightful movie experience and I can only repeat myself once more, that is absolute in every aspect and detail successful done! :)

ok guys could you stop with this "stupid" discussion?

we all get it...

no need to start a "4th world war" cause of a "Community UT Movie", and w1z4 nice one, your movie in terms of editing you got 5 stars from me!

Orchild you slut ;D

ok guys could you stop with this "stupid" discussion?

we all get it...

no need to start a "4th world war" cause of a "Community UT Movie", and w1z4 nice one, your movie in terms of editing you got 5 stars from me!

Orchild you slut ;D

hi chick :rofl:, thanks for calling me a slut though! :shout:

Did we have WW3 already then? :rolleyes:

Ofc I remember u SG and R.I.P. either you or someone else from the old clan was in the movie too, caught me by surprise! :D

U good these days?

@Orchild:

Couple of points :

1. My original post was intended as a constructive criticism of where the movie itself falls down. Any good artist should be able to take that on board to improve future work. I can't remember slagging off the authors personally.

2. You should really take it as a compliment that I was prepared to sit and wait whilst 1.2g gigs of movie downloaded, and then watched it from beginning to end, and then cared enough to post about it offering comments about how it could be improved. I could have simply said "this suxX0rs, I ain't waiting for such a monster download to finish".

3. I've been away from the UT scene for years now, and only drop in now and then these days. I presume there was originally a call for demos to be submitted. I missed that. Sorry. UT isn't my life. (anymore ;) ) That said, I headed up a clan jointly with another guy for about 4 years from 2001 - 2005, so if there's a shortage of assault demos for the next movie, drop me a line and you can have your pick from 4 years and several hundred recorded league matches in instagib and standard assault. Sure, they are all client side only, and mostly only from my in-game perspective, and no doubt you'll see the usual barrage of ribald comments about how hard -)BiB(- sucked, but hey. So what. You can see demos of -)BiB(- being 6-1 down and coming back to win a match 8-6 (still one of the best comebacks in the league's history), midair frags whilst moving and at mad angles in non-Deck16 maps in instagib against top players, top iCTF players being handed their asses by -)BiB(- when they first joined the instagib assault league, 1337 launches, -)BiB(- winning an instagib match despite the players on the other side botting (confirmed after the match by the admins who had been speccing the whole thing) and all the usual stuff.

4. I'm sticking by my comment about the frags, and for that matter frag movies in general. After a while, they get boring. You're seeing the same things over and over again in the same old maps. How about something a bit different for a change. Watch the SmileY and Sphinx movie to see what I mean. Or how about a "blooper" themed movie where say combos don't come off, launches mess up in a funny way, players miss easy frags, etc etc. There are so many more possibilities.

Instead of putting out a call for demos showing yet another monster kill spree / "headhunter" sequence or what have you, why not put out a call for demos showing funny fuck-ups? I can give you plenty of those too from -)BiB(-'s league match history. :lol:

At the end of the day, you have control over the content. If your movie is showing the same types of frags on the same maps as loads of others, don't be surprised when some people say "You know, this movie could have been so much better if only you'd ..."

Last edited:
Why are only the people that sent in demos or have made a movie in past allowed to have an opinion? That's the great thing about art, people are allowed to have their own opinions and discuss things in a civil manner. I personally think that C. Monet is a n00b who paints boring landscapes with no emotion, while I think Renoir is the one of the finest artists ever to have lived. Not many people would agree with me but I'm not going to go around saying they know nothing about art and that they should try to paint something before they comment just because they have a different opinion than me. Chill out mate.