• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BRaiNRaiN

Crusading against smileyspammers!
Jun 8, 2001
Anyone seen the biggest, most hyped movie of the year yet? Gonna see it tonight in 3d! Never been to a 3d movie before? How are you gonna watch it?

hmmm.. I wonder if it will be released in 3d with glasses as well once it's on blueray/dvd!
tonight or tomorrow i'll update you on the movie!

It's got an 8.3 on imdb so the expectations are rather high

yes, they are already talking about 3D bluray players that can be operated with any kind of TV, i think.

@ movie:
but plz make sure not to spoi... ah well, it's the breen - no need to tell him about spoilers. i will watch it in the next few days in 3D, too. i reserved seats a bit further back than where i usually sit :D

I've seen it last night in 3D, it's absolutely mind-blowing optically. I've never watched a 3D movie before so this absolutely thrilled me, and they never use the technique to get on your nerves or because they can, but always because it just makes sense and looks fantastic. Granted, the movie is not blessed with the best storyline out there, it's pretty much basic good vs evil almost from the start, but it is nearly 3 hours of very fine entertainment, achieving new dimensions of quality in terms of images and presentation really. It's one fine piece of a classic "blockbuster" movie tbh, would recommend anyone to go see it. 8,5/10

I watched Final Destination 3d a couple of months ago in 3d and it was really cool! Could almost touch the things coming towards you :D Also looking forward to see this one.

Seen it!

I was amazed by the overall feeling I got from the movie.. it just feels like the viewer is part of an exploration to a new world and new tribes.. However the story is not something to be amazed by.. The movie storyline kinda reminds me very much of another movie, which is
Dances with Wolves

The 3d technique is kinda odd at first. Expected much more than this. I expected that things would really come into your screen, like the 3d movies in themeparks.. but that's not really whats happening.. It just adds alot of depth in the picture. Which is dissapointing at first but when you get used to it.. It works really well.. Especially on parts where there are little things like mosquitoes, burning wood parts and dust flying through the air.

Story : 7.5
Technique/Visuals: 9
Overall Feeling of Pandora: 9.5

Total: 8.5

Saw it on wednesday, didn't know what to expect, but i was really suprised. Thought it was really really well :D!

We are going to see it on Tuesday this end.
Prolly followed by an hour or two of intimate lovemaking.

I hope ;)

The 3d technique is kinda odd at first. Expected much more than this. I expected that things would really come into your screen, like the 3d movies in themeparks.

I'm very glad they didn't over-do it like they do in themeparks / older iMAX movies, just subtle things which provide a depth for the environment made it a much more immersible experience.

However a word of advice, if you want to see it in 3D, make sure you book decent seats, preferablly with a straight-on view, otherwise some 3D parts will just looked blurred, and you will find it hard to concentrate on the fast pace during some parts of the movie.

I have heard from 2 people that they preffered watching it in 2D, having seen it in both, for this very reason.

Last edited:
sorely disappointed. sure it had probably the nicest visuals ever, however this isn't something that I look forward in a movie, in fact they barely mean anything to me. what I look forward to in a film is good acting, good storytelling, witty dialogue and one-liners, plot, twists etc. I expected alot more than just fancy visuals from somebody who has directed such films as aliens, terminator 1 & 2, true lies and titanic (those films actually had alot more in them than just good visuals).

I think you one has to be pretty delusional to think this film will be considered a classic in 15, let alone 40 years especially because technology advances very quickly, which will result in this looking like crap in 10ish years and since the film has barely anything else to offer it'll be easily forgotten. "the movie that reinvents cinema"? I sure hope not because if this is what movie industry will look like in years to come, we'll be looking at a very depressing era for cinema.

4/10

Aye. It was ok.
Visually it was good, took a bit of getting used to but it 'worked' around 80% of the time.
Basically a kids movie imho.
Story kind of weak really. But I am assuming it is kind of a vehicle for all the technology associated with it.
TBH James Cameron has made far more superior movies, re. Aliens, T2.
Glad I saw it though. Kids both enjoyed themselves, and at comming up for 3 hours long it had me rivetted if only waiting for the next visual hook.

Story : 2 and a bit out of 5.
Visuals getting on for 4 out of 5. (Might be kinda harsh with that, but there you go).

A milestone of sorts for sure. I reccomend you go see it, make your own mind up.

simply brillant movie, visuals like never seen before, the plot is really really good enjoyed it very much.

all in all it's simply amazing movie and a wonderful story, James Cameron really went over the top with this one.

P: saw some people jumping sitting next to me the 3D effect was really that catchy!

a must see movie

Didn't like it that much tbh

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/5309d764_avatar.jpg
5309d764_avatar.jpg

You don't have permission to access /mediabase/foto/5309d764_avatar.jpg on this server.

imo the 3D experience kinda depends on where you sit in the cinema, if you sit close like row 4-6 (of 18rows) its really mind blowing, if you sit like further back like row 11-12 its still there but the effect kinda wears out.

Loved the film, except some story parts :)

My son came and picked me up and we went to the 3D version....

:rofl: unobtainium :rofl:

Visually a great experience, story was marginal, still the time went by fast. I enjoyed it :thumb: