Incarnation - t3h UT1 community movie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

however i agree about the skill shown in this movie it's ofcourse ridiculous to say all assaulters moan. :o

And yes, it's hard to understand the tension when defending an objective for non-assault players. Same as i don't understand the tension in liandri and the why it's so important to get the shield.

It's a good movie and ye i would have liked it to see some more assault in it. but thats maybe the case for almost all assault players. They do play assault because they prefer the gametype...

anyway useless discussion.

:D

The movie includes not only monster kills and it shows very clear that every single shot was inspected and rated by the movie makers to fit quality wise and for the content story itself. I myself was not sure how it would be possible to implement all possible content that I could have provided myself and therefore have not load it up. What I also should have done is to send in demos from other game modes. None can complain and say that his demos are not used because the movie shows that all content was possible to be a part of the movie. You only can hope for the next movie demo request now. :)

Anyone who complains, it is like Orchild said, you should have sent your demo's in. The ones that got rejected... Sour grapes.

There isn't one monster kill in this movie that is there for the monster kill only. They are all multiple flag saves or incredible monster kills 1v1.

DJ Maybe you should've send in your demos, when I told you about it and asked you some months ago :rofl:
and since all assaulters feel this way I can only say its all ur own fault. It's not like I didn't invest time and effort in getting people to send in demos!! Assaulters are mainly just uber lazy and dont give a damn and then when the movie come out THEN they are hyped and... complaining. Like with my movie :)

i think DJ meant that it would be nice to have an assault movie with that nice editing and quality, it has nuthin to do with DJ not sending hiw own demos(i bet he got hundreds waiting to be turn into a 4th DJ movie).

As movie > all otherz moviez

That's my opinion :D

Orchild said:
2:18-2:47 Prophet is defending the flag carrier. Pretty nice and not very common on that map getting a monsterkill during a clanmatch. Owner his monsterkills is unheard off. Spawn raping people who are teleporting mid are like speedy gonzales, so that their own flag does not cross the platform - now there is concentration and owning!

4:10-4:20 Is pretty straight forward really. Bleh` owning the living shit out of a few of the top 10 best DM/TDM players of this time. Getting an ultrakill while he gets the SB even though all 4 of those people ARE defending the SB from him together!! Funniest is that is on a dominating against those people, made me laugh out loud.

4:52-4:59 You bet wrong. He is either the first one or one of the first. Bleh has also done monsterkills on liandri and other maps on 1o1 some time ago but when he made his movie his HD got fried and actually burned down his entire computer while he was rendering the thing :shout:. Pretty sad because some of his content would've defied this movie. Yet I only saw small clips that he had on his seperate HD. So no, other then Bleh I have never seen someone do it and I dont think we will. Out of the like 300-400 ut movies out there not a single one even shows a ultrakill on that map 1o1. So go figure.

Serenity ultra 10:07, definetly does not happen 1000 times especially because it is on eFFen and kvn =), it is nice seeing them getting owned for once instead of doing the owning! Just watch the FEM movies, 1 2 and 3 and you'll see what I mean.

Eddich 10:24-10:32 clanmatch vs 4p. All are defending the SB respawn which is a must on liandri if you are to get the overhand. If you dont get that then GL trying to get the armor and amp ;). So what Eddich does here is classic, takes over the SB room all single handed, I'd like to see anyone trying that when there is 4 div1 people waiting there for you :rofl:

paradigm 11:40-11:58 like breaching beach? lol! More like winning the match you mean. One capture can mean the difference between winning and losing and often is so someone gets himself on the spot asap there and kills all opposing players making sure that nothing is captured. I'd call that nice in any book.

I said:
"He is working together with subz on this one (who has made such as the Oblivious, Unpredictables the movie, Rocket Science and a lot more), it will be their final UT1 movie and that is also why they are only accepting ""superawsome frags""... The point is, he cannot finish his last ut1 movie (which will be a masterpiece) because of lack of demos "

I still stand by it. There is not one UT movie out there, out of all almost 400, that even compares to the content of this movie being insanely high and bringing a shit load of new never before seen content. Yes it could have been higher, but it will never be. You know why? Assault people cry and whine after something comes out saying "I wish there was more assault" or "ah assault is way nicer then this crap" or w/e. Yet when I tell them months before, (almost) everyone is too lazy to send in demos or to take the effort to go through their own demos.

Ofcourse the movie can get better, when people start to realise that their effort include to that overal and most important aspect of the movie - Content.

GJ if you thought the content was overhyped, it was not and lived to all expectations and exceeded it on all fonts. It is always going to remain the same this you know. DJ I asked 3 times to send in demos but he said no because he is making his own movie. Fine, now he complains there is not enough assault in the movie :rofl: and so on forth.

God assaulters really crack me up sometimes, what a joke

The Prophet, Owner and paradigm stuff feels like I have seen so many times before and I don't even play CTF. Must have seen it in some other movie or ctf demos. And what I meant by riv3 tunnel sniping or overlord sniping at the beach is that it looks like it's about the same. Camper sniping with low ping. You don't even have to move your mouse that much.

the 4:52 with bleh (Same in the first minutes too but with ultra btw) has been done before. Its in the "raise up by sonky" movie and again I think I have seen it in some demo before as well.

serenity ultra has to happen lots I imagine. Even against top players. Same with Eddich. But I can understand some of the stuff being in the movie if it's against top competition or good map control as you said.

No other movies with better content? Just to mention a few: Kalias the movie and creepz the skillside has some better frags than were picked for this movie which was supposed to only have superawesome frags. But W1z4 probably didn't wanna use stuff he already had done. Just about every good UT movie has some Insane stuff in it. And If you've seen any good old 1v1 demos by Gitzzz you could have taken a lot of clips from there and showed off his map control or whatever.

edit: and yes DJ meant what KD said. Would be great to see an assault movie made by w1z4

Last edited:
You've got raise up the movie somewhere for streaming or dl? Seen it ages ago but want to see it again ^^

kalias movie and creepz movie are really cool but too much deck only, this movie had way more diversity, something I enjoy far more.

It's this movie but no working download link. I think this was one of the few movies that wouldn't work after I uploaded it but I can try again.

Found a streaming link http://www.utzone.de/forum/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=119 fast forward to 3:33

Yeah seen it. At that time around I thought it looked fake already on someone with a fake nick that runs like a baboon towards Vejita. Quite the idiot player.

If you look at incarnation you see for one its no fake nick and actual duel. Also clearly that he goes for the weapons first as well as SB but he timed it wrong. So there is a huge difference

Yes both were monsterkills on the same map, but you cannot compare it, not even close. I could have done what Vejita did, wasn't that hard, but what Bleh` did. I'd have more issues with that :P

Orchild said:
Yeah seen it. At that time around I thought it looked fake already on someone with a fake nick that runs like a baboon towards Vejita. Quite the idiot player.

If you look at incarnation you see for one its no fake nick and actual duel. Also clearly that he goes for the weapons first as well as SB but he timed it wrong. So there is a huge difference

Yes both were monsterkills on the same map, but you cannot compare it, not even close. I could have done what Vejita did, wasn't that hard, but what Bleh` did. I'd have more issues with that :P

If you don't like that I guess you don't like the "how to monsterkill on deck16" either. That player could have crouched at the bio spawn to end it but instead he went on attack with enforcers.

I wouldn't have done that no, but that does not make it any less since bleh` was owning him left to right anyhow and it is pretty lame to go crouch in such situations. Much like deciding to no respawn for a few seconds.

Anyway senseless discussion.

it is pretty lame to go crouch in such situations. Much like deciding to no respawn for a few seconds.

Before I mention anything I have to say I loved nearly everything about the movie and it didn't disappoint in the slightest imo (Especially the music for some reason) but I have to say this: That monster reeks of staged.

Bong looks like he's walking like his keys are broke on the first kills, and this isn't some random noob, it's fucking bong! The multikill looks the most fake, when your opponent is on the most famous spawnkilling zone known on deck (Thanks Klovne) one of the best spawns to stop the massacre is surprisingly near bio (if the other guy doesn't have boots) since only a few pixels of your head show up when your in that stage before your feet touch the ground, but when bleh kills him he's standing as close to the edge as possible, common sense would say 'Don't do that idiot.'

On a last note if you chop down 7:24-7:25 (2nd monster) and slow it down as much as you want or simply by checking frame-by-frame w/ vdub or something you'll notice something that might vex you a little and I honestly doubt it's because of the editing since I'd find it shocking if wiz4 would want it to look like bleh has something that he doesn't, just my opinion through, check it out if you're curious.

On a few last words: goddamn m4tze pulled of some crazy shit :thumb:.

Yes m4tze stuff was crazy. Infact I would say he was the only one who pulled off totally unique stuff. Blehs material is normal for him and you see it a lot. Overall it is excellent quality to watch, despite Supermic crying about some of it not being what he considers "movie worth". The only below par stuff is the AS and CTF but I am afraid neither mod offers a lot in terms of WTF shots, but you can't omit them from a community movie.

The only below par stuff is the AS and CTF but I am afraid neither mod offers a lot in terms of WTF shots, but you can't omit them from a community movie.

I totally agree with that, in my opinion the biggest advantage that DM has for the "WTF shots" isn't the fact it's one player vs another in a whole map like most people might think through, but rather the fast wep switch, you can make so many types of crazy weapon combos that aren't possible for other mods, most common being rocket -> shock or sniper. On any other mod a weapon switch like that can result in losing your kill streaks or getting killed yourself, there's such a huge delay when switching out of rl.

matze's kill at 8:09 is really crazy :D
he must have held down the fire button... and the whole thing smells of confidence in his aim :D

@ bleh-'s 2nd monsterkill: you mean the way, the aim snaps to the head and remains still afterwards? looks a bit strange, true. dunno... but wiz4 "warned" us in the description, right? :D

edit: then again i watched this today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqeNfEpZJxo
( http://www.own-age.com/vids/14930/ )
and in that movie the aim looks sooooooooooooo "snappy" in so many scenes... (e.g. 2:20 - 2:26 on youtube. happens at 2:24. same at 2:40 ... might be the video editing as well tho?? dunno....) but if they do really aim like that, they are true human machines...

Last edited:
@ bleh-'s 2nd monsterkill: you mean the way, the aim snaps to the head and remains still afterwards? looks a bit strange, true. dunno... but wiz4 "warned" us in the description, right? :D

Yeah, but it isn't a sweep, his aim snaps several cms in a single frame, it's his "new mouse" :rofl:
But then again I'm just mentioning my own opinion.

matze's kill at 8:09 is really crazy :D
he must have held down the fire button... and the whole thing smells of confidence in his aim :D

Interesting choice you have there, don't really think that frag is really that hard to accomplish, but yeah the way is aim moves is very good. I think my favorite os his' is the one @ 8:19, looks simple, yet fresh (through matze makes it look simple every time ;))

Have to say, I tend to agree with the generality of Supermic's comments here.

The editing and composition of this movie is great. Music, well, not all to my taste, but music is always a bit subjective and there's nothing overly offensive about the soundtrack.

Where I'd mark this movie down on is the map choice - Agony, Codex, Curse, Deck16 and Liandri. OH MY GOD! NOT AGAIN! Can we please have some different maps in UT movies? This movie was far better when it left these maps behind and showcased some different maps.

I realise that finding public servers which have say, Koos Galleon or some other obscure map running in the map-list and which don't get autochanged to the old favourites by the players via mapvote as soon as it comes on is rare, but endless re-runs of Deck16 just get boring. How about some wild frags in a completely random, obscure map?

Incarnation just ticks all the boxes for yet another boring Deck16 sequence. Tunnel camping? Check. Shield belt combos? Check. Lift combos? Check. Lift rockets? Check. I hate to say it, but all done years ago in the Fooze movie. It might have been fresh back then (although most of the Fooze movie was staged) but it isn't now. It just shows a lack of imagination.

Similarly, the monster-kill sequences. Those reminded me of the Levitation movie. Nothing new here. Move along now. Camping at the end of a long map / tunnel? Check. Sniping players just out of their spawnpoint? Check. Camping doorways and other choke-points with rockets? Check. Again, this movie was far better when it showed sprees in open, free-flowing play. Monsters scored in those circumstances are much more impressive than yet another "yawn-I-wonder-how-many-kills-I-can-rack-up-before-the-guys-on-the-other-team-get-bored-of-my-spawncamping-and-leave-O-rama" type sequence.

I have to say, I notice most of those disagreeing with Supermic seem to be those "starring" in the movie. :rofl:

Now, if you could combine that presentation with say a great movie of the capture of an assault map showing great team tactics and launches being defended / launchers being picked off mid-air, or some sprees on non-standard DM maps, that would be something.

Overall, a bit like a hollywood summer blockbuster. Excellent presentation and SFX, let down by poor plot / storyline / materials. 5/10.

I realise that finding public servers which have say, Koos Galleon or some other obscure map running in the map-list and which don't get autochanged to the old favourites by the players via mapvote as soon as it comes on is rare, but endless re-runs of Deck16 just get boring. How about some wild frags in a completely random, obscure map?

I wonder why you did not provide an "obscure map" yourself for the movie. Maybe because they are rarely used.
Koos Galleon is not one of my favourite maps. I always tried to end that map as soon as possible for less obscure and game feeling wise brighter maps. :Xmastree::Xmasgrin:

Have to say, I tend to agree with the generality of Supermic's comments here.

The editing and composition of this movie is great. Music, well, not all to my taste, but music is always a bit subjective and there's nothing overly offensive about the soundtrack.

Where I'd mark this movie down on is the map choice - Agony, Codex, Curse, Deck16 and Liandri. OH MY GOD! NOT AGAIN! Can we please have some different maps in UT movies? This movie was far better when it left these maps behind and showcased some different maps.

Incarnation just ticks all the boxes for yet another boring Deck16 sequence. Tunnel camping? Check. Shield belt combos? Check. Lift combos? Check. Lift rockets? Check. I hate to say it, but all done years ago in the Fooze movie. It might have been fresh back then (although most of the Fooze movie was staged) but it isn't now. It just shows a lack of imagination.

Similarly, the monster-kill sequences. Those reminded me of the Levitation movie. Nothing new here. Move along now. Camping at the end of a long map / tunnel? Check. Sniping players just out of their spawnpoint? Check. Camping doorways and other choke-points with rockets? Check. Again, this movie was far better when it showed sprees in open, free-flowing play. Monsters scored in those circumstances are much more impressive than yet another "yawn-I-wonder-how-many-kills-I-can-rack-up-before-the-guys-on-the-other-team-get-bored-of-my-spawncamping-and-leave-O-rama" type sequence.

I have to say, I notice most of those disagreeing with Supermic seem to be those "starring" in the movie. :rofl:

Now, if you could combine that presentation with say a great movie of the capture of an assault map showing great team tactics and launches being defended / launchers being picked off mid-air, or some sprees on non-standard DM maps, that would be something.

Overall, a bit like a hollywood summer blockbuster. Excellent presentation and SFX, let down by poor plot / storyline / materials. 5/10.

Another person who didn't take the time to send in even 1 demo and starts crying of old glory and that assault is THA BOMB. Well if assault was THA BOMB for movies then you'd have that staring in such as Fooze and XSU gold now wouldn't it??

Why Deck and the rest of the maps?? Because they are good maps!! Why Ut1 and not Ut3? Because Ut1 is a good game and Ut3 is just a total rape of the good game!

Use you common sense for once, if you enjoyed playing those other maps so much why wouldn't you take the time to send it in for the movie? It is easy to comment so shit about a movie that you had no part in whatsoever.

All those people whining and moaning should for one make a movie themselves, hell getting all the demos for making a movie would already put them of 10 months before!

So how about some respect for the NON LAZY people out there that actually try to to make or help in creating a creative piece for your enjoyment. Instead of the shitty fuck comments that make no sense whatsoever since people dont do shit.

God people can be idiots! Make a movie before crying!

"God people can be idiots"

calm man. no need to insult them for saying their opinion.
i totally get your point but all this is still nothing personal.