AS-WaterFort

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Or just lower the tower roof so that people can mb even double-hammer launch up to it. Why so many ramps inside? Lower it by about five or six ramps and the map would be totally different.

Agree with XB the map deffo has potential after more pug testing, and once people discover the launch possibilities and areas able to co-ordinate attacks. Not played in a pug yet but looking forward to it.

Or just lower the tower roof so that people can mb even double-hammer launch up to it. Why so many ramps inside? Lower it by about five or six ramps and the map would be totally different.

u'd have to set this double hammer in front of the enemy's spawn.. You'd prolly be lucky if you get 1 person up there, so a rocketlaunch would be more effective anyway

Lowering the tower by 5 levels or so would sort of ruin the purpose of the map, to have another map where a "dark launch" is possible. and it is possible to dark from the ground floor, i launched dj a couple of times in the only time i played it in a pug, AND McNeill managed to win it low for us..... somehow.

Changing the roof teleport might help, or maybe increasing the "dead teleporter" delay, so attacking low becomes a real option like it is in siege][

and pyke putting grz's name wouldn't do anything, have you heard of perhaps, navarone?

oh by the way, I hope I won't ruin anything
but it does seem like when I picked it in a pug it was instantly a shit map and there were 0 positive comments in the pug about the map. i.e. "this map has potential" or "I like it tbh" <=== none of that

didn't help either that the other captain was pogo (who captains ALOT) and he seems to dislike the current map.

Having played it only once I am still undecided on what I think of the map, and I will keep trying i.

edit: some of you forum people commenting positively on the map should pug more and give positive feedback on the map in-game. Might open some other peoples eyes.

Last edited:
Looking good mate.

Atleast you get to the point of actually finishing things up. I always get bored when I have to do the small things! :rofl:

thx 4 the feedback so far
i grabed some stuff here so i changed some lil bits

- moved the roof tele exit 1 level down
- moved the tower tele down
- changed the offline time of the roof tele from 15 to 30 seconds

let´s see if that feels any better :)

the top link is updated

I respect the work you're putting in Snuggs, and I always like testing new maps and stuff. But I just think this is going to be another one which doesn't see much daylight because there is already at least one similar map which is established as one which gets picked. In other words, people are so used to picking Siege][ by now and are so used to the launches and spawns, etc., why would they pick WaterFort over Siege][. And they won't pick both at once - same as how Astheno and AsthenoAL don't get picked at the same time, or River3 and Navarone, or Mazon and Mazon2, blah blah blah. Mb I'm wrong in this case but I doubt it.

Useless people dont pick both athenso coz most ppl dont like either of them. Far to spammy, cannot launch.

Whereas there is an assault map, fragging, launching, teamwork. Imo this map will go far and iv already seen siege and waterfort picked already, this make takes ppl in, trying to discover new launches to outdo their oppenents.

1) move this thread to the maps section :hangover:

2) attackers need a way to rush above the defenders spawn at the lifts, or else rushing low is pointless
my idea, make a booster of some kind that can launch attackers in the low window so they can effectively rush above the low defenders. maybe you should make that booster with a door and youd need to press a button to open it for say 5 seconds, the equivalent of someone setting a hammer in siege.

either that or add another "appearing ramp" to that window or a tiny siege tower taken from golg1 and scaled down.

just something to be able to massively attack that way

i had some ideas and createt them with UnrealED.... ;)
- how you think about that ? :)

Attachments

• hellow-waterfort2.JPG
    hellow-waterfort2.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 61
gut

aber die map nervt weil man die nich *normal* attacken kann ..... und was solln die dann machen die net launchen ???

bubu machen xD