Modern Warfare 2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Is it true that there is no server List anymore? I've read that you get redirected to any server if you want to play online, means no dedicated servers.
If so, I would not spend a single cent for it!

Yep. No dedicated servers, no console, not possible to kick players, if you play a game and the hoster leaves it, the game will stop/pause 5 secs and continue when a new host has been selected.

Yep. No dedicated servers, no console, not possible to kick players, if you play a game and the hoster leaves it, the game will stop/pause 5 secs and continue when a new host has been selected.

Why are they doing such a crap? :(
I loved Modern Warfare Multiplayer and was so looking forward to MF2.

Imo it's not that bad, but faster gaming, you click 'play online' and you are instantly in a server which is started in 30seconds. ( you can also set up the game mode you want etc. etc., and you can still play with your friends if you want to.)

Why do you need a console so desperately? You can set anything in options.

I've played like 20 + games online now and the 5 sec pause thing only happened once.

PS3 or PC... that is the question

I'd buy PC, but that's personal because I don't play shooters on console. I got a ps3 and I was also hesitating between ps3/pc but a mouse gave the final decision.

On console it's nice with a big ass tv and a couch/bed but I like my gaming experience better with a mouse, for shooters.

^ haha nice vid

Just 'acquired' this game today and enjoying the SP game so far.

Only bad thing is that you can walkthrough dead bodies, no more ragdoll effect once the enemies died.. suxx imo

yup, loads of details and excellent graphics without having an extreme heavy engine. So no FarCry experience (for me)

singleplayer is effin impossible at veteran difficulty, at least the first time your playing the game.

Really Epic Game Single Player And Multi Player Is Awesome Prob Best 1st Person Shooter I Haver Ever Played And Iv Tryed Pretty Mutch Every 1st person/shooter games :D

didn't like any fps after UT, but this single player campaign seriously kick ass!
What annoy me is that stupid blood covering screen when u get it, as i can't see shit fs
will deffo end it and then try the other mod, but i doubt the multi part will be any good for me.

Graphically the game is stunning.
Unfortunately the game play its self is far less inspiring. Too much confusion with everyone shouting at you left me on a number of occations wondering wtf I was supposed to be doing. The typically shit situations where your comrades at arms refuse to move until you've gone round the corner and taken a few hits. The enemy are looking/waiting specifically for you to appear.
In front of the White House I was laying in a crater coimpletely hidden behinf a small hill, yet still I was getting shot, it was obviously my time to lose some health. I guess rather than a small hill it could have been a grassy knoll, they have a reputation for being dangerous!

Aint the SP abit short? Every reviewer mentioned it (6 hours or even less). Imho that's a big letdown to spent 40 euros.
Hows the MP? The usual DM and CTF boredom or are their any interesting modes?

edit: Just saw a review about the MP part. The mission-coop-function looks great.

Normally i wanted to by Left 4 dead 2 tomorrow, but now i'm undecided if i should get MW2 instead. :\

Last edited:
the MP part must be really good to spend your money on, however the graphics are stunning indeed the storyline is waaay to linear imo and apart from the things Thrasher mentioned the enemy AI isn't always that good.