Oversized crosshairs @ 1280x1024

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

uZi

Bannned
Jun 8, 2001
South Wales
Right, I'm sure most people know about this texture bug... however I just noticed something odd today.

When in spec mode, you get a normal sized crosshair @1280x1024, yet as soon as you switch to playing mode.. it goes back to oversized. See the screenies below..

What I'm wondering is.. if this happens, surely it must be possible to get the normal sized xhair in normal playing mode.. I just ain't figured out how. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• normalxhair.JPG
    normalxhair.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 64
  • specxhair.JPG
    specxhair.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 54
Yeah worked it out now.

Altho, more importantly.. is there anyway to implement a fix for other gametypes, without the leagueAS Mod?

Unforuntately not; the crosshair is rendered with the hud canvas, so can only be tweaked if the hud classes are extended to replace the existing ones, i.e. a server controlled hud replacement.

Yeah worked it out now.

Altho, more importantly.. is there anyway to implement a fix for other gametypes, without the leagueAS Mod?

how did you figure it out... because i still have the same problem...
Also with LAS138/140, even scale put on 0.5 or 0.1, stays the same, any help!?

Aye, a step by step instructional for n00bs would be helpful on this one :bowdown: & green rep to the one who does it :lol:

I have the same problem. I play @ 1920x1080 ony my 24" 16:9 monitor. But the big crosshairs are really annoying. Can anyone give me a noob explanation about what to do?
Furthermore I played around a bit using different resolutions. Now I wanted to go back to 1920x1080 but it is not in the list anymore!
Highest one is 1280x****. How do I get it back?

Fixed the resolution problem now, I just needed to edit the UT.ini.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I play @ 1920x1080 ony my 24" 16:9 monitor. But the big crosshairs are really annoying. Can anyone give me a noob explanation about what to do?
Furthermore I played around a bit using different resolutions. Now I wanted to go back to 1920x1080 but it is not in the list anymore!
Highest one is 1280x****. How do I get it back?

lol u play UT in fullHD, I play 800*600!

fs

Similar Problem

Hey guys!

I have the same problem, but not exactly the same:

I can adjust my crosshair perfectly in LAS servers.
However, when I want to play something like DM or CTF, anything non-LAS actually, my crosshair grows huge.
I do not have an option under 'preferences -> hud' to scale my crosshair.

However, I can in user.ini
'Chairscale=xxxxxxx'

Now, I tried messing with my ini and adjusting the chairscale to lower, but it just keeps my crosshair the same size!
I also tried disabling 'chairindependentres=true' , cause it's normally set to false, but then suddenly my crosshair is gone!

Help needed, thanks a lot!

Hi jEr, I've read some threads dealing with this problem now. The only thing you can do is:
In UT go to "Mod" -> "Leage Assault 140" -> "CrossHair" and check "Cross Hair Scale Independent of Resolution".
I played a pug few days ago and crosshair size seemed to be ok there. On all the other public servers the crosshair is too big, but since this problem can only be solved server side, I guess there is no possibility to fix it. Seems like people playing in high resolutions have to live with those oversized crosshairs. Disabuse me if I'm wrong.