I am legend

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

wow hadnt seen that alternative ending.

I cant understand why they put so much money and effort on the zombie-like humans with 7layers of skin bla. bla bla. and they still look like crap on the finished movie...

To develop the creatures’ look, CG supervisors, texture painters, look developers and shader writers used designs created by Patrick Tatopoulos and images of human cadavers as reference. “We analyzed everything and came up with a vocabulary to describe the look,” says John Monos, CG supervisor. “The final design has a component of musculature visible through a semi-transparent, thin membrane of skin. You can see veins and striations of muscles.....All told, a crew of around 300 at Imageworks worked on I Am Legend, some for 14 months, others, on a more compressed schedule to handle the CG creatures. At the end, the studio had Manhattan back to nature and populated it with a cast of CG actors.

The look of Manhattan as a jungle is a real treat thou :)

I am with Bart on this one ( for once :P)

However, this movie is ideal for the cinema and not watching at home, so unless you have seen it there then IMO you won't get the full effect.

Not many movies that are based on an older story from a book ever turn out to their expectations. The only real problem with doing this is that movies hardly leave anything for the imagination whereas that is all books do.

Not the best movie I have ever seen but I really enjoyed seeing this one at the cinema.

well usually the movie turns out to be worse for people who read the novell because things were left out or compressed but here they changed significant parts of the story

i guess if you just take it just as it is witout referencing it to the novell it is an ok movie

Axl that so isn't true, unless of course you have a home cinema setup!

A lot of action/thriller/horror movies depend on special effects, ones that are enhanced in the cinema, especially the recent 3D stuff.

Most don't have luxurious setups, even with TV, nevermind computer. That alone makes it far worse. I watched this movie on my Sony Bravia 42" with several speakers around the room and it was nowhere near the same.