Is there a Windows Program to access BIOS Settings?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-Starlight-

Boom...
Sep 22, 2001
Brum.
Hi All,

I need some assistance on changing some SATA BIOS Configurations.

Sounds simple enough, just goto BIOS and go from there! Well no... its a HP BIOS which means its as simple as simple can be, and i can only amend the boot order and time.

I have upgraded the BIOS to the latest HP and no joy. I also searched for the manufacturer BIOS and nothing (Its a HP device vendor, which means they dont do 'own' BIOS's).

HP said they dont allow BIOS amendments on 'Consumer End Laptops'.

So... Does anyone know of a program which i could run and amend BIOS settings? I know its a difficult ask, but im out of options.

Thanks for any help provided

:)

Oh and i hate HP! No doubt restricting BIOS settings to ensure people dont mess, and they dont get warranty claims.

I wont be buying HP again :D

There are various programs that will let you program the BIOS from windows, however if those settings are locked out of the BIOS they wont magically let you get access to them.

Your only options are to see if theres a custom BIOS made by anyone with those settings added, or try some of the various clockgen or memset programs to alter memory timings or FSB. Depends on MB and chipset etc as to whether they will work

Thanks for your post MyM :)

Well i want to change the SATA Setting on the drive to boot MAC OS X, it seems the SATA settings are set incorrect to suit the OEM software.

The board is a Wistron 303C (AMD Sempron Processer), but Wistron seem to be a Taiwanese HP Vendor, and ive searched but found no custom BIOS's or even standard BIOS's.

HP Support wasnt much good either, they just assume you want to downgrade to XP and provide a tutorial on how to do it.

Any further help is appreciated of course :)

[EDIT - I also assume these settings are not locked, i think they are just hidden to stop Joe Bloggs messing up the system]

lol indeed... ;)

I give up anyway, im going to live a quiet life and just blame HP! :D

Oh and this 'Consumer End' stuff is just BS ;)

Last edited: