Go on Barca!!!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I was thinking of youngsters upcoming footballers. If they look at the way Chelsea played in that match compared to Barca. Which team do you think they would want to play for? But ok it was a little over the top I admit since normally Chelsea doesn't play that defensively and yes of course money is always an option but still it sickens me a bit that one of the supposed top, at least, 5 football clubs in the world lay out a strategy like they had division 5 players against division 1. Similar to greece as I mentioned. Greece at least had a weak squad with 1 tall attacker who could head in 1 goal. But you won't get any fans playing like that. Just imagine if Chelsea always played like that. Nobody would want to watch their games.
1: Chelsea is not a "meatwall" team of 10 players. They played that way against a vastly superior team in FC Barcelona.
2: Chelsea can't even try and play the same way as Barca, they don't have the necessary players to do it. It'd be a massive failure. They probably wouldn't have gotten out of the group stages by playing just like Barca :p:
3: Young players facing a transfer will probably rather go Chelsea than some division 2-3-4 club.
4: Never play above your squad, so to speak.. :d
5: If Chelsea was successful and won stuff while playing a (some would say, unattractive footy - HI TORP) people would still come to see the team, I would if I cheered on for them.

Doesn't really matter what people in general think tho as we all know Liverpool is by far the best team in the world.

Ty.

edit: if I don't get my point across its because I'm watching Gary Oldman go full midget (YOU NEVER GO FULL RETARD MAN!) and I've had some alcoholic beverages. A bit tipsy wheee!

Barca won and were definately better on the night - no doubt about it. I dont think Barca necessarily played their best. But i do think man utd were way below them normal selves and ofcourse this made Barca appear even better. Barca really did control very well with the ball, they never let it go cheap and i think man utd missed fletchers persistent hunting and organisation in midfield.

Shame, rematch next year and Man u will win:D

Maxiz! said:
1: Chelsea is not a "meatwall" team of 10 players. They played that way against a vastly superior team in FC Barcelona.
2: Chelsea can't even try and play the same way as Barca, they don't have the necessary players to do it. It'd be a massive failure. They probably wouldn't have gotten out of the group stages by playing just like Barca :p:
3: Young players facing a transfer will probably rather go Chelsea than some division 2-3-4 club.
4: Never play above your squad, so to speak.. :d
5: If Chelsea was successful and won stuff while playing a (some would say, unattractive footy - HI TORP) people would still come to see the team, I would if I cheered on for them.

Doesn't really matter what people in general think tho as we all know Liverpool is by far the best team in the world.

Ty.

edit: if I don't get my point across its because I'm watching Gary Oldman go full midget (YOU NEVER GO FULL RETARD MAN!) and I've had some alcoholic beverages. A bit tipsy wheee!

1. Barcas start line up was "new" and untested. Really weakened by injuries and so on, on Stamford bridge. So there was no need for Chelsea to play like that and it ultimately failed. With 42.000 screaming fans they could have really tried to take more control of the match but instead they let Barca do what they do best, keep the ball. And I don't know how many times I have we seen this scenario: 1 team dominates and scores but after the goal they move back and stops playing, the other team takes over and equalize and now they're on a roll and might even win the match. Why doesn't the first team just continue playing like before and try and kill the match with another goal (Barca style :P)

2. They don't have to play like Barca, just play normal football. If they had done that against that weak Barca team they would have been in the final and probably won it.

3. Yes ofc :) But if its between Barca and Chelsea, where would they go? My whole point really.

5. I would not pay money to see that kind of football. I'd gladly pay to watch Barca though. Actually even thought about traveling there just to see them play live. I'd pay to see Spain, Argentina, Brazil play too.

About Arsenal: They got a really young squad as I understand it and play good football until they reach opponents penalty box, then it fails. I don't watch them play that often. If they play attractive attack football now then maybe in a few years when they are more experienced they'll be winning cups too, at least they should draw a crowd if they create goal chances. They did reach semi finals in CL this year, not bad :) I don't know if they have had player problems during this season in the league.

Last edited:
It all comes down to taste though doesn't it. I know Torp enjoys watching Chelsea/Manchester United play defensive footy with counterattacks versus attacking teams such as Barcelona just because they do it brilliantly. I mean, Essien in the quarters against Liverpool? Gerrard didn't get 1 feet away from him thus hampering 'pools game, both defense and attack. It's not easy beating a team like Barcelona but when a team in the CL does beat them (ManU 2007/8) other teams will evaluate the game and act accordingly. It's business, all there is :p:

Also, a youngster would probably go Chelsea if brought up in say, the UK whereas a spaniard/NL would probably rather go Barca if he had that choice so it's down to preferred taste. Just because you don't enjoy a team like Chelsea doesn't mean everyone doesn't!

Arsenals whole squad has been on the injury bench this season lol. Adebayour, van Persie, Fabregas, Silvestre, Clichy.. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Under Wengers time Arsenal has been favouring attacking football I think, even back in 200x when they won the league by going through the season without losing a single game.

Aye Fletch was conspicuous by his absence.
But one man doesnt make a team.
Ronaldo is indeed gifted and has the fastest feet in football but...
Shame he is so spoiled. His work ethic is based in Ego.
End of for me.
United have other really creative individuals, not naming, and personnally I think Ferguson is playing way too safe and damaging them as effective players.
Best team indeed won.

Arsenals whole squad has been on the injury bench this season lol. Adebayour, van Persie, Fabregas, Silvestre, Clichy.. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Under Wengers time Arsenal has been favouring attacking football I think, even back in 200x when they won the league by going through the season without losing a single game.

The Arse squad had more physical players back then and a vastly superior attacker with the name of Thierry Henry.