sliding men

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I still can't manage to get UT to work in OpenGL on Vista. Any suggestions?

Thanks deadboy :thumb:, I installed the dxwebsetup thingy and got new drivers. When I run UT in opengl it says that I need a file called: glide2x.dll :( I google'd for it but maybe you know something too? :>
Update: I downloaded some glide2x.dll from internet but it now says when starting ut: " general I/O initialization failure. "

glide is not a OpenGL file, it's - no surprise - a Glide renderer file.
So check if you've really OpenGL choosen :P

I don't have that option when selecting video modes, ( I ticked that box which shows 'show all devices )
I picked 3dfx glide, couldn't find OpenGL in that list :( :clueless:

I don't have that option when selecting video modes, ( I ticked that box which shows 'show all devices )
I picked 3dfx glide, couldn't find OpenGL in that list :( :clueless:
Mate, why not just change it in teh UT.ini manually?
Please dont tell me that you arent able to edit it, after all those years.

you could also use the glidewrapper ;)
http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/

I forgot how all the ini's work, especially with the graphics settings. But I'll try.

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

It seems to work but major buggy. Can't change resolution or I get a critical error and now my entire screen is very white.

fling these into ut system folder

back up the same files first thopugh

see how you get on

Attachments

• ogl.rar
    99.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thanks :thumb: It didn't work with your unrealtournament.ini (Couldn't even find UT servers.) But the opengl*.dll's did the trick! :D

a final question: Is it possible to play fullscreen on -any- resolution? atm I must use 1680x1050 but then my sniper zoom is fubar(huge crosshair in zoom). Only in 800x600 or lower my sniper zoom is normally. I dont mind using 800x600 but its not fullscreen (black bars at side ;x)
Also had this 'zoom' problem in d3d.

using a 22"

wow sneez i dunno.

Do you mean JUST and ONLY your zoom is 800x600?

I would not want to play the game this low. Ruins the piont of 22" and a good gfx and these new textures.

I LIKE the huge cross hair. Along with my new big screen I can hit a head better.

You could just try to get used to it? :)

Nah it's really weird to aim with a huge zoom, It's like the zoom crosshair is 5 times as big as normally.
If I play in 800x600 or lower the zoom crosshair is a normal thin line. I don't mind playing in 800x600 now, it looks good in OpenGL, only thing bothering me are the black bars at the sides :hangover:

800x600
800.jpg

1024x***
1024.jpg

1680.jpg

1680x1050

lolol on some maps you could do some pro sniping with that lol.

zooming in across the entire map on say ballistic :D

Nah in game the zoom looks normal, I just ran out the 'boat' a little further (and zoomed in more) on the last pic.