The return of AS-Snowdunes...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

bump, cmon guys feedback would be nice, i saw that i forgot somthing to cover up at the the final part will be fixed no probs there.

And useless and me wanted to keep this a littlebit secret but before you give say somthing about the lowgrav tower try CROUCHING inside those pillarlifts,

then you inmidiatly know that lowering the defspawn isn't a good idea.

Christmas-vacation is comming up so i do have some time for improvments.

and for dfp/cratos Can you plz update your maplist sometime, there are some older versions of maps (like tydium and snowdunes)
i don't know if it's on pug, can somebody tell me this?
dfp : THx for upping:) but does it have a reason why it's in the 3rd collum instead of the 2nd? yesterday 2 guys voted the old one instead of the new one.

sorry if i ask too much :rolleyes:

And useless and me wanted to keep this a littlebit secret but before you give say somthing about the lowgrav tower try CROUCHING inside those pillarlifts,

Twat! That was my secret! How am I ever supposed to win it now? Twat!

Anyway, so far the response has either been negative, lukewarm or non-existent. Please play and comment - the d/l link is right there.

Put the map on pugs and allot of servers ( if it hasnt been done yet ) and let's pug it so we can test it, because it seems the forum aint the right way to bring this map back to life :/

Back and moaning...

I'll just saw that snowdunes was popular during the map pool, that's a good thing!

But what worries me is that the version that was in the map pool has loads of invisible walls and other disturbing things in it, (like a dodgy second spawn trigger) but most important... you can skip the whole low grave tower just by crouching into the "lifts" (all those things useless found out during is bug fix runs into the map)

There were loads of discussions about this snowdunes, and some people didn't like the jumppad, but all other bugs and dodgy things are out.
Seriously, not to take any credit for useless's en my changes but isn't the pre-final version just better, or at least better balanced and less buggy? what made the admins decide to take the other snowdunes?

I would seriously be very curious about what people think if they compare the both versions. (ya there are some flaws like the lift in the last part (and the hom there) but with some polishing and increasing the re-trigger delay of the jump pad it must be better right?

And weirdo i am really looking forward to your opinion about this case.. anyway, for anyone's refrence..

http://www.deadboy.co.uk/uta/AS-SnowDunesAL_pre-Final2.rar

/moaning :P

edited: version 2 is the good one.

Last edited:
Pool maps are chosen based on their popularity in Pug matches, of which SnowdunesAL_preview was top. I'm quite open to re-introducing the updated Snowdunes as a map later on if enough people agree.

I don't remember which version this was based off though - did I give you the unpublished fixed version after _preview, or is this based off the broken _preview?

I know after the first preview I had to completely scrap the low grav tower and start again due to the amount of build bugs it was throwing out.

And my 2p - The crouching towers thing is as much as a bug as launching with impact hammers.

Pool maps are chosen based on their popularity in Pug matches, of which SnowdunesAL_preview was top. I'm quite open to re-introducing the updated Snowdunes as a map later on if enough people agree.

I don't remember which version this was based off though - did I give you the unpublished fixed version after _preview, or is this based off the broken _preview?

I know after the first preview I had to completely scrap the low grav tower and start again due to the amount of build bugs it was throwing out.

And my 2p - The crouching towers thing is as much as a bug as launching with impact hammers.

Thx for your elaborate explanation! makes i pretty clear why this version of snowdunes wasn't chosen.

I can't remember you sending me the unpublished version. I fixed the ramps sometimes even with block triggers to prevent people to fall trough. however this build looks solid to me.

I know these "lift" towers are buggy when you crouch into them, What was the prob in my opinion is that the most right situated pillar could easily get you almost next to the energy cells... (the other pillars don't go up that high)
However I thought it was fixable nonetheless so i added another zone there which has A LOT of gravity.. so you can't get up there, only down...

If you have time (i know you're always busy) take a peek into my version and see what i did...

For the others. Dl this version and compare!

Thx!

Tbh, you can hold it pretty long if you want too, the cells although the attacking team can use the bug :/

IMO the crouching bug is what saved that part of the map. Without it it would be too easy to def even if attackers set hammerlaunch. Getting up to final floor without the crouchbug/pads direction is hard imo.

well fair enough, I worked together with useless for hours and hours to make the map bugfree, The case that going all te way to the top saves the map sounds about right, however with the jump pad cells get to easy, that's why the right pillar doesn't get all the way to the top when crouching in "my" part..

I'm willing to share/work whatever on the map if it's necessary, but the map which was in the mappool is just full of bugs and it would be quite crappy if that map enters the league

Does this version has a less glitcy end obj plane?
I like the map, it's one of the best (i'm the only who thinks so...), but ending is just dodgy cause combos get blocked by the shape of the plane, maybe make it a square shape to exclude the glitches?

Ya, the ship has always been buggy, therefore the pre-final version has a small was in front of it, The ship is still buggy but at least its now cut off it doesn't look odd anymore, and the invisible wall there is replaced by a visible one...

Oh and maxiz, you're sure you tried pre-final 2? and if so, can you make a screenshot?

thx..

Ya, the ship has always been buggy, therefore the pre-final version has a small was in front of it, The ship is still buggy but at least its now cut off it doesn't look odd anymore, and the invisible wall there is replaced by a visible one...

Oh and maxiz, you're sure you tried pre-final 2? and if so, can you make a screenshot?

thx..
Oh I can't remember which version it was I tested, all I know was I was asked by you and Use to come play it through to see if I can spot anything odd/out of place and that's when I found the HOM at the lift.