FarCry 2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
Anybody got it yet? I just installed it gonna try it now... It looks droolingly good. I hope the gameplay is any good, but I heared great stories about it.

:drool2:

Read some reviews and there many People seemed abit dissapointed, by the missed chance of having a good and interesting story plot. Some eviews also said FC2 is like Stalker meets GTA.
Also i was pretty suprised that FC2 was generally weaker rated as Crysus in the reviews i saw (gamespot, pc magazins) :(

Thought about buying it, before i heard that about the story. Now i dunno exactly.
Well i loved FC1 and GTA. So i hope FC2 could justify my expectations.
Atleast the africa setting is summin new and fresh. i am fed up with all this WW2, tropical and alien settings tbh.

How do you like it until now Sneez? How's the story?

PS. After seeing that Raft reads this thread atm i dedicate the following line just him:
You are gay!

Last edited:
First impression: Not as good graphics as crysis. But on par.
I can also run everything on very high in 1680x1050 with only a 8800 gts 320 mb. 2gb ram and a duo core, can't do that in Crysis, lol.
Furthermore it is really realistic from what I've seen, really good immersion effects (so you really feel like you are in the game)

Only thing which bothers me and can be a huge downside. When you move the mouse it looks like you are moving the mouse like on a console (imagine you try to look to the top left, it feels like it goes: left,up,left,up,left,up,left,up can't explain it really well)
Maybe I just have to get used to it. Also tried Smooth Mouse on and played with the sensitivity but still the same..

Hm. The story is simple from the start yes.
I didn't read a thing about it. Just read the back of the game which said you are dropped in Africa and you got to stop The Jackal, a weapons trader, who is giving weapons to the 2 big forces there something.
It starts really nice, in a long ride, you are suffering from malaria (with cool effects), then you start in the war. I only played till that. The game just started atm so don't know anything more, only came to say the mouse sucks, gonna find a fix;p.

Edit: Also a neat thing, you can see every move you make, from pressing the trigger and the gun recoiling + the 'slide' of the gun moving when you shoot, everything got an animation. Even pulling out bullets of your body with a pincet :lol: You can use syringes to heal yourself, and weapons can get jammed/rusty over time

Edit 2: I didn't buy it for the single player btw, I'm gonna do it but I'm not too hyped about it, just bought it for the online part, but with this mouse it can turn out really bad online ;/

Last edited:
The mouse.
oh ye saw some forum posts of gamers who said that the mouse feels abit "laggy" too. They guessed it has summin todo with hardware cursor.
A shame, if you ask me. The mouse control is one of the most important parts in a PC shooter. How they could let it so buggy is beyond my imagination.

Yeah it's a shame. My guess is that they just made 1 universal game which works on ps3/xbox/pc and didn't change mouse for pc version. I had exactly the same feeling in Assassin's Creed, but after a while I got used to that.
(edit: assassin's creed is also made by Ubisoft btw:P)

Last edited:
I bought it yesterday but haven't bothered installing it yet after having read all the comments on various forums.. Seems to me the game is a major dissapointment :/

isnt it dumb to buy a game and not installing it? :p:
Is Fc2 more sandbox (freedome, different ways to achieve an objective, etc) than Crysis is?

Fixed the mouse lag by using DX9 , lol.
my saying: Dx9 > Dx10 :nod:

isnt it dumb to buy a game and not installing it? :p:
Is Fc2 more sandbox (freedome, different ways to achieve an objective, etc) than Crysis is?

my saying: Dx9 > Dx10 :nod:
Probobaly a little dumb, yeah.. :P

Crysis isn't a 'sandbox' game at all so yes, FC2 is a lot more sandbox than the linear shitgame that is crysis, :poke:

I finally got around to installing the game and boy was I in for a shocking surprise. The game is shit ffs, what a waste of my hard-earned money! If only I could return the game.. :/

Controls are wank, people skate across the surface rather than walking, no lip-synch to voices and no animation for when the dude was driving the cab car at the start?

Such a dissapointment. Honestly.

after my fast harddisk died this week, and my replace disk is way to slow to handle gta4 properply, i installed farcry2 to overleap the timegap until the replacement disk arrives.

Boy FarCry 2 is a big blow. its not a fps, it's a boring driving simulation with some shooting parts. Would rate it 5 out of 10, where Farcry1 was 9 out of 10.

It's just a big sandbox to have some fun in. I personally like it just to fool around a bit. I didn't notice any problems with the mouse . Playing on a 40 inch all time makes any game much better then it actually is, so I guess my opinion is too subjective.

after my fast harddisk died this week, and my replace disk is way to slow to handle gta4 properply, i installed farcry2 to overleap the timegap until the replacement disk arrives.

Boy FarCry 2 is a big blow. its not a fps, it's a boring driving simulation with some shooting parts. Would rate it 5 out of 10, where Farcry1 was 9 out of 10.

No way if FarCry 2 any form of simulator. There's some driving bits and some shooting bits. Driving can be in a boat as that's a bit safer.
The strength of FarCry 2 : it is completely non-linear, you do what you like when you like.
The weakness of FarCry 2 : it is completely non-linear, it's very easy to get bored.

Gfx are gr8, game play is a total zzzzzzzzzzzzz