next bot on dog

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Mushashi: Botting on publics ruins the integrity of the game. A new player playing on pubs for the first time playing against a bot is going to get dominated and likely will leave and be detered from playing again. Often time other players from around the league go there to enjoy themselves and have some fun. 90% of the league players are disgusted by cheaters and it doesn't make people want to boot up the game if they're being plagued in botters. If people can bot during pubs, what's to stop them from league matches? I think the majority of UTA members are proud to say they don't tolerate botting anywhere, and that's something we can be happy of.

You are absolutely right, end

What I meant was that it sometimes can be quite fun to play against a bot.
I remember years back on BoomTown we had lots of fun with those. Living in Denmark we had the ping to compete with the bots, which usually had lousy pings :P

I agree it is not acceptable in connection with a community. Not at all. Especially the eventual new players, as you mentioned, would probably never play UT Assault again if they experience heavy cheating.
And the DoG public servers are more or less a part of our community. A cheat discovered will be reported. Also by me.

And I sure hope DoG still tries to prevent it as good as they can. If anti-cheat software still is updates are available now. The way of cheating will change, so must the anti-cheat.

Sometimes the 'lag' can cause cheat-like situations, but that is easily determined by watching the player for a couple of rounds. It usually is just minor spikes.

The eternal babble about botters when a really skilled player joins a server will always be present in a game like this. Always *sigh*

When Opi sits in his tower on Overlord everyone yields botter. Actually Opi is a good player combined with a good routing. But a newbie would definetely think he is cheating.