FOV compared to mouse sense

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

free^

- B-Boy -
Jun 27, 2001
Germany
Hiya,

like u all already noticed, if u decrease ur FOV, for example from 100 to 90, the mouse sense gets slower.
Now the problem is, I don't wanna change my sense, cos I'm pretty fine with it, but i changed my FOV and increased my sense from ingame 3.13 to 3.24 so far.
Is there a mathematical calculation which shows me how much I have to increase my sense after every fov-entity?

i.e. decreasing fov from 100 to 99 = sense increase of 5% or summin like that?

If anyone cud help me, I wud be glad.

ty in advance

i think you have to know how much 1fov on ur screen.. so you know how much percentage that is. with that percentage you can calculate your new sense...
I guess.. seems most logical to me ^^

If you increase your FOV your mouse sens doesn't change, it's an illusion because it's moving across a greater distance. Increasing your mouse sens to compensate won't imrpove your aim, in fact it will probably make it a bit worse :\

EDIT: Forgot to mention Geo's an idiot.

If you increase your FOV your mouse sens doesn't change, it's an illusion because it's moving across a greater distance. Increasing your mouse sens to compensate won't imrpove your aim, in fact it will probably make it a bit worse :\

EDIT: Forgot to mention Geo's an idiot.

Do not believe Useless whatever you do he is a Cuntflap!

dont fuck up with Useless, or he'll blog about ya.
that will be very very dirty

lol fov 99, seems quite small sighted compared to mine, I used FOV 120 since 2001, my mousespeed is 0,43...maybe helps

Just use 90? :P

Im on 90 and 0.35 sens, but sens changes for every user so..

This could be the calculation between the two:-

MouseScale = MouseSensitivity * (DesiredFOV * 0.01111);

aMouseX = aMouseX * MouseScale;
aMouseY = aMouseY * MouseScale;

So if you're feeling adventurous, you may want to use the above to work out what the MouseSensitivity would need to change by in order to compensate for the FOV change.

Then again, this could be a load of tosh.

I find it best to keep it at 90, I turn (in-game) 360 degrees moving my mouse one side to the other over 30cm