Emoticon mutator

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Polle

Oct 8, 2001
I worked on this thing a few years back but never got around to properly releasing it. The attached zip files contain a mutator that adds emoticons to other gamemods like the ones integrated in LeagueAS including colors, customizable death messages and fonts. The mutator uses the same "anemote1.utx" distributed with LeagueAS.

I predict it will be incompatible with other mutators/mods that have highly modified huds. A hack was needed to intercept and redisplay messages without changing any other features of the hud. Also it wont work on non-dedicated servers.

Credits for the project (Everything is scavenged from LeagueAS):

- Psy created the customization menus and converted emoticons to .utx
- Cratos created the ingame emoticon selection menu
- I wrote the code to display emoticons

If you try it you can leave feedback/bugreports/suggestions/incompatibilities in this thread.

Attachments

• chatemotes.zip
    106.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Shot0068.PNG
    Shot0068.PNG
    817.2 KB · Views: 45
Good to see you're still alive polle! :P

I'm sure I've already seen an incarnation of this mutator over at unrealadmin.org though?? Certainly when I peaked at the code, it was the majority of the stuff used in LeagueAS with some kind of clunky mutator wrapper. Is this just an updated version?

/edit

nm, I think someone just posted it on your behalf. "ChatEmotesAlpha1.u" ;)

Last edited:
I did post this alpha in the beyondunreal ages ago (more than 2 1/2 years judging by the file date). It received a little attention but not by any server admins I think.

Anyway I brushed off the dust and set out to get it through the last and most boring part of development: weeding out bugs. Usually the part where I get bored and find something else to do.

As the name indicates it is still at a very untested stage. What needs doing is sort the number of incompatibilities with other mods, but I have no idea how much work this would take. I know the number of hacks we stuffed into the LeagueAS hud would make it incompatible with something like this. Other mods/mutators/various cheat protection might have done something similar.

I have no clue which modules are popular today so I was hoping some server admins would give it a quick test drive and get back to me with the stuff that needs fixing. Dont want to do a proper release until i am fairly it certain it wont fall apart on 9/10 server setups.

Doesn't work with:-

EUT_1G
SmartCTF_4D + UTPure 7G

Confirmed working with:-

JailBreak + UTPure 7G
FragBall + UTPure 7G
RocketArena (without UTPure 7G)

Last edited: