UT Hold on turns..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-ManuZ-

HOOOO-AH!
Sep 14, 2002
>_<
ello :wave:

when i turn around fast ingame, its come to a hold sometimes...the mouse just stops while i turn around...
im playing with opengl...tested d3d but same shit there...
system specs: AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 2GB RAM, GeForce 7600 gt (forceware 163.75)...mouse: razer backdiamond

need help plx :<

I highly recommend against using the -cpuspeed command line switch if you intend to play online.

It should be used as a last resort method used to throttle the speed at which UT runs and can cause many problems with online play if you don't actually fix the underlying issues.

Instead of covering up the problems, why not actually fix it by using the following steps:-

Disable any power management for the CPU via BIOS (Intel only?)
Install the correct drivers / patches for your processor
Use a build of UT which forces the client to run on a single core (example - rename desired executable to UnrealTournament.exe)

Have to agree with timo on the cpu speed thing actually.. I've found you can float in mid air on servers if you use it :S

I've since removed it from my shortcut :S