binds help

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

You know what, setbind tab ducks works fine and all. But I have to do it everytime I load UT3, cus the bind disappears everytime I close UT3.

Anyone knows why that is? :-/
Weird.

Tried manually adding the line to your ini?

Yeah, its weird tho, I add the lines, run the game, test it, doesnt work. When i go back to my ini, its removed the entrys I made and reverted back to how it was like i never even added them (I defo have tho!) :-/

Don't know whats happening.

Are you sure that you used the
C: \Documents and settings\"your name"\own data\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

in english it might be a bit different named

Someone meant once that if you use the own UT3 install path the changes wont be stored permanent.

Yup, im editing these:

C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

UTInput.ini

I don't have the time to test it myself right now, but maybe you should try taking a look at:

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini

Since it sounds like it's reverting the binds set in-game back to default.
Maybe try adding the line there, somewhere?

Edit: Maybe it needs to be under:
; Primary default bindings

Or maybe you just need to delete the entry called:
.Bindings=(Name="C",Command="GBA_Duck")

Go explore :P

Last edited:
thanks, still need to test this tho :-p will let you know how it goes when I get around to it :-p