binds help

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nekro

Not Long Now....
Mar 29, 2002
UK
Hi, can anyone help me with this... what ive tried so far doesnt seem to work.

I want my crouch key set to the TAB key.
And I want my console key as F10

Can you tell me what and where I need to edit.

I've tried this

[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=F10

And its not working for me... prolly done something wrong tho.

Oh and while im here, on behalf of QQ, is there a bind to switch between just 2 weapons yet?

Thanks

Okay I got my console key working now, it was:
[Engine.Console]
ConsoleKey=F10

Dont know why it didnt work the first time I set it!

Tho anyone know if its possible for me to have crouch as the tab key.... I cant set this in the in game settings...
So if someone knows how to do this by editing the ini's i'd be grateful!

Thanks

can u post ur ini?

is there still a speech binder? bind an audio taunt to the tab key and see what it's called, then just find it in the ini, might be your character map is buggered?

Crouch is listed here:

Bindings=(Name="GBA_Duck",Command="Duck | onrelease UnDuck | Axis aUp Speed=-1.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")

Bindings=(Name="C",Command="GBA_Duck")

So just change the C to Tab.

But then you need to change this to something else:
TypeKey=Tab

blah cant seem to fix it, heres my ini in a text file ir someone fancys working out how to get tab as the crouch key

Thanks

Attachments

• UTInput.txt
    55.1 KB · Views: 63
Ok, I had a look, and found out that my above post was a bit misinformed (sorry).

But you can bind it to tab by either going in-game and typing (in the console):
setbind Tab Duck

Or you can add this line to your UTInput.ini

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="Tab",Command="Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Or you can download my attachment, which is your file with Tab as crouch (only change).

Attachments

• UTInput.txt
    56.5 KB · Views: 47
I also got a couple of questions
- Is it possible to show a name on mouse-over like in ut'99 (the other ut games too?)?
- Is it possible to see/hear your own taunts if you kill somebody?
- Can you tweak the chatbox so it looks more like the ut'99 one?(lol im nostalgic.). This current chatbox only shows like 2 messages wich aren't good viewable imo.
- How can you remove private messages?

Subz your a bloody hero, setbind Tab Duck worked like a charm.

Thanks for that!

- Is it possible to show a name on mouse-over like in ut'99 (the other ut games too?)?
Doesnt it already do that?
- Is it possible to see/hear your own taunts if you kill somebody?
Believe so :-p
- Can you tweak the chatbox so it looks more like the ut'99 one?(lol im nostalgic.). This current chatbox only shows like 2 messages wich aren't good viewable imo.
I wouldnt say so... not just yet...
- How can you remove private messages?
Dont know :-p

so my help for you is nothing :) maybe someone else knows more! haha

can someone help me
i will change my mouse sensitvity by pressing a key
standart sensitivity is 8.000000 on a 1800dpi mouse
i will change it by pressing to 4.000000 and on release back to 8.000000

Aliases[32]=(Command="say #[MOUSE SLOW] | set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=4.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=4.00 | set input L fastmouse",Alias=slowmouse)
Aliases[33]=(Command="say #[MOUSE FAST] | set engine.input MouseX axis aMouseX speed=8.00 | set engine.input MouseY axis aMouseY speed=8.00 | set input L slowmouse",Alias=fastmouse)

L=slowmouse

Change the red L to whatever key you want to use, and change the alias line numbers to whatever the next two blank ones are in your user.ini.

EDIT: Just noticed this is UT3 forum but if the ini setup is still the same this should still work.

well i really need a throw weapon binds :(
anything that work online ?

i also need a lol bind :P

and a disconect bind, those fuckin menus with confirm all the time piss me off fs :mad:

I'm only playing insta so i dont know about that :-p

Just thought i'd post that for our NW players! haha

You know what, setbind tab ducks works fine and all. But I have to do it everytime I load UT3, cus the bind disappears everytime I close UT3.

Anyone knows why that is? :-/