demo rec ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Op1uM

Fakenicker!
Jul 25, 2002
hello
there's an option to watch recorded demos in the "community" menu ,,
but anyone know how we actually record them ? :confused:

does demorec work in console?
maybe they have made or will make a demorecorder for ut3 like they have with all other versions of the game.

Since Im a moviefan and moviemaker I already had a look at the Rypelcam for UT3, but sad to say, UT3 will not support online recorded clientdemos. Serverside demos will work thou and as it looks now epic wont change this..!? I really hope Epic will change this or some make a mod for it in the future :satan:

Quote Rypel: "Demos recorded with the "demorec" console command worked in the unpatched UT3 but after the beta patches you couldnt watch them anymore. We all thought this would be a bug in the beta patches but more and more this seem to be planned as a feature!

It seems like Epic is planning to shut the "demorec" and "demoplay" commands down so that you CAN NOT record a demo online yourself anymore. A comment made on Epics mailinglist said 'Client demos aren't supported; it's not supposed to let you try to record.'
And Epics Jeff Morris said about this: "UT3 only supports server side demos, which would include instant action." What botheres me is that he didnt include a "yet", like this is not going to change.

Great so either we are a serveradmin to get demos or we make movies out of bot matches ? Welcome to 2007."

Link to Rypelcam, Patch version and unpatch: http://rypelcam.net/_3vo/modules.php?name=News&file=topics&topic=2

Have fun making movies against bots :rofl:

Well that sucks... why would they remove the feature to record your own demos?

And I dont understand, so the feature was there in the original ut3, but the beta patches have removed it... so gay!

Correct, only way to record is to have own server and record serverdemos.. :satan:

Well that sucks... why would they remove the feature to record your own demos?

And I dont understand, so the feature was there in the original ut3, but the beta patches have removed it... so gay!

it would make your PC lag hugely tbh also how useless is that to need a second program running in the background recording during your playing :x very fucked up and I am pretty fed up with this bullshit, if this won't change then UT3 already sucks and they can blow me

untill the lovely mod maker comes along to change this future =), dont feel like waiting for that to happen tho so everybody start nagging on epic games ut3 forum, stupid gays they is

the problem is, modders think its rather impossible to code a mod demorecorder clientside, some core issue! They need the
recorder to work with! :satan: