UT3 in the UTA league

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What do you feel if you think about UT3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I hope the std maps wont have to much vehicles put in. I doubt im the only 1 who hates vehicles! Might put in a couple, but im hoping not every map will consist of vehicles fights mostly. Thats gonna be a major put off.

tis alright des, u can make maps with no vehicles can't you ;) look forward to your first ut3 map!

7. Warfare Is The Win
They're mad if they don't release a demo that shows this off, because Warfare is the highlight of UT3. It's still fundamentally Onslaught, but they've worked a Capture-The-Flag mechanic into it ingeniously. It's been misreported a lot - some people seem to think it's like Assault, and each objective has to be captured with an orb. It's not. It's Onslaught, but you can now capture a node instantly if you take your team's orb to it. It makes for far more daring one-man runs, moments of true heroism or spectacular last-minute defenses. Best of all, if you nail the enemy orb-carrier just before he reaches your node to capture it, the announcer steps in with a gratifying: "DENIED!"

Just discovered this and tbh it dont sound much like AS based :(

"Double Domination, Assault and Bombing Run are out. UT3 features old favorites like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF, as well as Vehicle CTF, Onslaught and the all-new Unreal Warfare mode. Warfare in particular has potential to be a clan favorite – it’s Battlefield meets XMP on a huge scale, with some resource management thrown into the mix."

Last edited:
Admins: What is the status of potentially creating a much broader UT3 league? I feel (as do many others, I'm sure) that we surely ought to get things started this week at the latest to arrange and organize the FragHub league. Is there any official admin word on this?

:done:

or

:soon:

or

"2 weeks"

Whichever takes your fancy.

I'd prefer three weeks, but that's not an option. I'd also prefer some cookies.

But seriously, what needs to be done? Is the infastructure there or not? Are there admins for it? What about funding? Can we make some of this information public so we as a community can pitch in please?

I'd prefer three weeks, but that's not an option. I'd also prefer some cookies.

But seriously, what needs to be done? Is the infastructure there or not? Are there admins for it? What about funding? Can we make some of this information public so we as a community can pitch in please?

A few things.
Yes.
Not yet but I can name likely candidates, cough Rookie cough Met cough.
All financial contributions are always welcome and will make the powers at be feel guilty and thus work harder ;)

Public information: Martz and Timo are working very hard atm. I've seen some of their code and OMG! There is no point in 20 people doing a 2 man job because it gets very messy very quickly but unfortunately nothing much can be done until they've finished. I'm sure they understand the need to get things running quickly but remember the players need to decide which gametypes they like.

Maybe someone could take the initiative cough smant cough and start looking at some things like rules, maps, gametypes etc etc. ;) Post poles, get peoples opinion etc.

Btw I do nothing either at present so if you need some help with artwork for the website ... ask rich :D

Good ideas there Joko - while we're piecing together the revised infrastructure, it would be very prudent to have some self nominated troops to start rallying on and getting the 'content' generated...

Polls on league-suitable gametypes + maps will be very useful to get things moving. Sponsors for league match servers will need to be found, but it might be a few weeks too early for that yet; a stable build of the UT3 server (with remote admin!!) needs to be released for both win32 and linux before we can look at properly moving the integrated stuff across.

And ofc, the design element is not just limited to one person; if you have ideas that you think will work, and you are handy with the right tools, then feel free to give us a shout - there's plenty that needs doing!

if at first you don't succeed ....

... learn from ur mistakes and get ur act together!