Team Fortress 2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

this orange box thing ... i just pay and download from steam i guess...

Lo Bilbo

so we all gonna play that now coz I havent even played BF20whatever yet...

this orange box thing ... i just pay and download from steam i guess...

Yeah, install Steam, pay for it (either by Credit Card or Paypal) and download it, you can download the other games that come in the package the same way.

so we all gonna play that now coz I havent even played BF20whatever yet...

Well I don't know what everyone else is going to do, it may be that nobody likes it (my opinion on games has often been in contridiction to many around here). It is totally different to BF2142 (which I am still playing aswell), its easier to get into, faster paced and you don't have to go through all the ranking up and unlocking weapons stuff, so it may suit you better Rich, but that said you may hate it. I don't think anyone else has played it yet, so can't say if theres going to any kind of uta presence.

"its easier to get into, faster paced and you don't have to go through all the ranking up and unlocking weapons stuff, so it may suit you better Rich"

It already sounds more my cup of tea..

frank and beans, FRANK AND BEANS!!!

I've been playing it, It's pretty good. Still getting to grips with the benefits and flaws of each class. Scout is my favorite at the minute though!

For public you need to get used to most of the classes because its generally a good idea to balance what the team needs. I generally prefer medic, engineer or heavy but i'll play them all, except sniper :)

I'm loving this game now, quite a lot of variation in the game. Its quite quick, a bit like UT and also has assault style maps, CTF style maps also a kinda domination game type. It's a very team orientated game, hence the name team fortress lol.

If you have steam, and like a tenner free, I'd recommend it.

I have created a channel on IRC, #tf2, if u have it come join :) Also u can add me on Steam, nick "Phear9".

Last edited:
Humph and me are up for games, got the orange box yesterday :D

Edit: We have a ventrilo server available if you guys want to play, it's hosted and has a high-quality codec etc, just pm or ask on IRC if I'm on. I'd like to play some TF2 with the UT lads ;p

downloaded this last week after being pointed to this thread and been playing it a lot since....quality game :) Never played the original but as Phear said, lots of AS type gameplay in this version at least.

Herbalist is my ig name and Herbalisto is the account if you wanna add me to friends - would be good to play a few games with old faces (yes, it's been a while :P)

Tried to get a feeling of it just now.
Didn't play online (as in vs others) though, just practiced a bit.
I'll prolly try it out tomorrow :)

Me Too™

Got the game kindly provided, tried it out last night. Joined some random server and had a run around (and slow walk around at Heavy machine gun guy). Seems like an OK game, I don't get it quite yet, Maybe once I've played with some others I'll get the idea...

Me Too™

Got the game kindly provided, tried it out last night. Joined some random server and had a run around (and slow walk around at Heavy machine gun guy). Seems like an OK game, I don't get it quite yet, Maybe once I've played with some others I'll get the idea...

Its either CTF (2Fort) or some form of control point capture, either AS stylee (where 1 team defends and the other attacks) or DOM stylee (where the team who gets all the CP's wins).

Yeah, it's a definite team game, playing with m8s is a hell of a lot more productive/satisfying than running round aimlessly on your own :P

The stock CTF map is probably my least favourite (seems to rely almost entirely on your skills as a spy - which I suck at :P) but the map where u try and grab the opponents territory stage by stage can also be pretty annoying (hydro?).

The Capture maps like Dustbowl, Well and Granary are quality though and there's a few decent customs out there too.

wtf Rookie's a League Admin ;)

\o m8, just when you thought I'd disappeared off the face of the earth ey?....no such luck :D