UT3 in the UTA league

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What do you feel if you think about UT3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The UT3 league isn't up yet? ftw? :P

I really love the graphics (I got everything to max in 1280x1024) and movement is better than 2k3 or 2k4. Back in 1999/2000 I played a lot of deathmatch on a UT99 server called "Basler Quaker". It was running DM with 125% gamespeed. UT3 feels exactly the same but much better graphics :)

Let's hope the assault mod rocks!

UT3 is nice... thankfully UTA has the FragHub domain and I think it would be best to get our name out there as soon as possible! Gametypes like vCTF, "Warfare" and Domination are all team games that could prove for some great clan matches.

UT99 is *so* going to die assuming they get all bugs fixed (omg what a f-ing hell it is atm). Tho not as heavy as ut2k4's losses will be, but enough to finally kill the league (I guess Psy must have been the one who actually got them as far as to start on UT3, right? ;P). So *jeah* UT3 all the way (and no, I'll prolly not play, because I still suck at FPS ;P).

i dont really believe... but i still have little hope that you´ll set up the league in time...

Last edited:
Dont really see the problem with assault in UT3, if you look at UT99 how many maps do we play that are standard, almost 90%
are custom made anyway. Will probably be the same with UT3.

The trick part in ut3 is also nice, for example you can make hammerjump and then double jump on the peak if you have boots there you get very high like a hammerjump! :satan:

Havent tried out hammerlaunch and RL-launch yet thou, will be back on that. :satan:

Last edited:
Ive enjoyed the demo, so im gonna buy it once it comes out of sure. I will prolly spend more time on mapping then I will actually be playing the game tho. :rofl:

UT99 is *so* going to die assuming they get all bugs fixed (omg what a f-ing hell it is atm). Tho not as heavy as ut2k4's losses will be, but enough to finally kill the league (I guess Psy must have been the one who actually got them as far as to start on UT3, right? ;P). So *jeah* UT3 all the way (and no, I'll prolly not play, because I still suck at FPS ;P).

:rofl:You having a laugh?

How long did the 2k4 fraghub league run for? 2 months?

Ba]V[sE;1425819 said:
Dont really see the problem with assault in UT3, if you look at UT99 how many maps do we play that are standard, almost 90%
are custom made anyway. Will probably be the same with UT3.

The trick part in ut3 is also nice, for example you can make hammerjump and then double jump on the peak if you have boots there you get very high like a hammerjump! :satan:

Havent tried out hammerlaunch and RL-launch yet thou, will be back on that. :satan:

Most definitely can't rocket launch. I've tried nailing some teammates off the bridge in vCTF and they don't budge... it's hardwired in not to let them move at all :mad: I doubt you can hammer launch either for that matter... and the hammer jump is super lame.

Forgot to ask - how is that horrible 7 second respawn that UT2K4 had in its Assault? Any evidence that it's still urking, waiting to spring? Worst thing about UT2K4 AS imo.

Most definitely can't rocket launch. I've tried nailing some teammates off the bridge in vCTF and they don't budge... it's hardwired in not to let them move at all :mad: I doubt you can hammer launch either for that matter... and the hammer jump is super lame.

The hammerjump isnt lame Smantie, the only lame thing is the sound, but the jump is ok.
Much more flexible than ut99, with double jump and the extra with boots together :thumb:
Rest I will test next week. :satan:

All these things can be changed quite easily.