One Last Chance!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Re open the 2v2 league, I will play/not play

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
- A points system is possible...
* Normal league points system (i.e starting 1000, 5% of win 10% of win. w/e)
* Deducted 50 points for use of a merc. If the other team agrees of course. Or the other team can only lose so much points. A merc massively affects the game in 2v2.
* Deducted 200 or 300 or any amount determined by admin team if a team loses a player to inactivity/falling out and has him replaced.
- Basically a transfer fee if you will

Well you already know what I said when we talked, but a points system can be difficult to work out - before suggesting numbers I think it's best to talk and find out how best to implement such a point system. Obivously the easiest way to work something with the mercing points (if it's agreed that's appropriate) would be to have each team click a checkbox that says mercs were used and then have that deduct an amount of points. I personally feel percentages are better to use than fixed rates... if a clan ends up with like 15 points while the rest have 600 (which I completely expect my 2v2 partner and I to do) subtracting 50 points would just kill them, whereas say subtracting an extra 2% of their points wouldn't hurt so much.

Well like I said just suggestions for time being. Main point of that was to get accross the idea that a merc would affect gameplay of the entire match, to a point that it isnt even the team that should be playing therefore I dont think its worth full points. In 6v6 its different.

i always have loved 2v2s, specially when ya can play them in the middle of the night :)

Thanks for your input torp, I have no problem with it!

Snee, perhaps ask your clan to check this thread as well? Because I know most players in EAS would be interested.
The poll closes on the 13th when I return. Although I should have maybe left it open longer because people could still be on their holidays.

Keep up the voting!

Last edited:
I'd be interested, but the whole concept of a 2v2 league is complete bullshit in the end because two players from -8- or Wish/m1c or Twnz/Riv petez/uZi (etc) will make a team and will be completely pointless for lesser-skilled players especially when they have to play vs. higher skilled teams. If you make a high-competitive and low-competitive division that'd be cool though :P

That's an absolutely terrible attitude, smant :shout: And I should know because it's mine too.

These things keep getting talked about and arranged and they always go the same way. If the point is to win it then 99% of the players in UTA might as well not show up - even if every single player was interested they'd only be there to make up the numbers. Where's the fun in playing players who always beat you? Most players in UTA would describe their level of skill as 'OK' or 'average', which is both modest and pretty much true.

Unless you can honestly say you're a 'great' UTAS player you may as well skip any such tourny, since only the great ones can possibly win it. What's in it for the likes of me / what more incentive do I have to join a 2v2 tournament than any I had the last time I entered one and got immediately spanked by PlayR and someone else (then again, ReD was my teammate...)?

Anyway, no, I'm not interested, though that's hardly any great loss. I hope it goes well if it does happen, twnz, but trust me, it's no fun if you're a player at my skill(less) level :( Strictly for the big dogs, and there's not enough of them left in UTA these days.

On the bright side, you've gotten much more articulate than I realised :clap: Next week we'll start on adding and subtracting.

EDIT: If you think all that was too negative look at it this way: if mc and kon were still here they'd win it.

Last edited:
Useless, please read all the posts before passing judgment.

The instructions clearly state that lesser experienced teams can avoid clashing with people who are just in for the win.

Ladder 1 can be for those aiming for the challenge of winning and are based mainly in division one.

Ladder 2 and/or Ladder 3 can be for people who would rather play for fun but have the chance to move up if they finish top of the ladder at end of the month.

Upon signing up teams have the chance to choose which ladder they would prefer to enter.

This completely ruins your theory of why this would fail. I hope everyone else will actually read what is being suggested here and not think its going to be another 2v2 for the best 3 teams.

I would also like to point out there is a number of inactive players voting on this as a "no". Now I would like to ask why the hell? If you are no longer or barely apart of this league anymore then your opinion is invalid. You aren't helping to keep the main league alive and are just showing you arent willing to extend it further. Seriously, if you have nothing better to do than visit forums once in a few days and ruin a poll like this then.. well I just dont know what to say, other than pathetic.

Pug is another thing that has helped to keep this league alive. 10 of the 18 who voted no do not pug at all. It seems to me some people are hell bent on finishing this league and refuse to listen to any new ideas.

Last edited:
Yeah I made a mistake, I just didnt bother editing it, but I will if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:
Useless, please read all the posts before passing judgment.

The instructions clearly state that lesser experienced teams can avoid clashing with people who are just in for the win.

Ladder 1 can be for those aiming for the challenge of winning and are based mainly in division one.

Ladder 2 and/or Ladder 3 can be for people who would rather play for fun but have the chance to move up if they finish top of the ladder at end of the month.

Upon signing up teams have the chance to choose which ladder they would prefer to enter.

This completely ruins your theory of why this would fail. I hope everyone else will actually read what is being suggested here and not think its going to be another 2v2 for the best 3 teams.

OK, calm down. I read every post, and then I still passed judgement. What on earth is the point of signing up for a tournament if not 'for the win'? Are you saying that league 1 will be for the ones who feel like they have a chance of winning, while league 2 is for all the others who just want to have fun at their own level? Well whoopee-do! Where do I sign? :whatever: A league in which you can't win is not much of a league. League 2 sounds like the UEFA Cup of UTA tournaments - "sign up for this if you're specifically not a winner!" No, ta. See you in pubs.

And please don't post a thread in a public forum and then belittle someone else's constructive comments just because you don't agree with them. I read what you posted and I don't think it will work. It's called an opinion.

Like I said to twnz, I hope it will work, because I'm not totally selfish. But I won't be signing up because, at my v. low level, it just wouldn't be much fun.

Useless I am not belittling anything. The idea of choice of going into which ladder is yours. Teams have the chance to move into next ladder if they come top of the table. If you cant compete with better players then thats your problem. The same applies for every single sport in the world my friend. UTA shouldn't be any different. You can have your opinion as much as the next guy, but it appeared you jumped to conclusion without understanding the idea in full.

I will stand by my point that certain people (maybe not you) are hell bent on ending this league a.s.a.p. Pug keeps the league alive and a lot of the no voters never play pug. It shows how much they want the league to carry on.

Btw, its a ladder, a league. Not a tournament.

Useless I am not belittling anything. The idea of choice of going into which ladder is yours. Teams have the chance to move into next ladder if they come top of the table. If you cant compete with better players then thats your problem. The same applies for every single sport in the world my friend. UTA shouldn't be any different. You can have your opinion as much as the next guy, but it appeared you jumped to conclusion without understanding the idea in full.

I will stand by my point that certain people (maybe not you) are hell bent on ending this league a.s.a.p. Pug keeps the league alive and a lot of the no voters never play pug. It shows how much they want the league to carry on.

Btw, its a ladder, a league. Not a tournament.

Yup, the choice is mine, and I've chosen to enter neither. If I'm hellbent on anything it's remaining civil in this thread. No, I don't want to destroy the league and neither does fu2 or anyone else. Wtf is wrong with you? We're given the option to enter or not enter - I'm not entering and I've given my reasons. I don't understand why this causes you so much concern.

Is there anything you can't turn into an argument?

EDIT: Just re-read this.

If you cant compete with better players then thats your problem. The same applies for every single sport in the world my friend. UTA shouldn't be any different.

I've been in UTA for over 5 years and I'm more than aware that I'll never be able to compete with the better players (just about everybody). This only reinforces my reason for not being incited to join a 2v2 league - I cannot possibly win. Why then would I join at all? This can then be further applied in varying degrees to every other player who isn't among the best. Why would they want to join this league? Well, they can speak for themselves. I hope I'm wrong because I too want this league (UTA) to continue for a long time to come. But if you have no hope of winning something there's no point in competing.

Damn, I could have just typed that to begin with and then gone for a coffee fs...

Last edited:
NO! :P

I said I wasn't suggesting you were. There are some people, but I wont say names. With regards to maps, new ladders etc its a bad idea according to them. Thats why I think they don't want the league to continue.

I dont see it as an argument. I see it as you saying why you dont want in and me saying that your theory wont be so. Lesser teams wont get owned as they will go into the ladder that they prefer.

Clan reps vote for maps..... Anyone can ask to form a new ladder but chossing not to , is not a crime...... And the vote tells you who wants to play and who doesnt. It not won on % . If you got enough people in the yes side to form a ladder dont you think it would happen.

@ Torp

True, but they still can't win. This was true of every other UTA 2v2 league / tournament / egg-and-spoon-race / whatever. The same guys always win. I tried and failed with no glory at all - this isn't something I enjoyed or would want to repeat.

Meh, fuck it, I dunno why I'm so worked up about this. People will join or not join, and good luck to 'em all. May it work out and may it be won fairly by someone unexpected :clap: For a change.

Another thing @ twnz: you do realise that if Riv wins we'll never hear the fkin end of it?

just a side not, if i go by half or even 3/4 the ppl that voted yes, id remove them :lol: as i never see ANY of at least half them ppl play. just a thought

Same for those who voted no, Morph.

cyber-m, DaTeL, Ðeadßoy, Farac|ÐÏ˧ËL, fu2, GRZ, html, HUEY, JACKEL, Lex_Mortis, Martz, Morpheus, Mushroomhead , Raft^, Riv, Ulv , Useless, uZi, Viru$_Z, X-Bomb, zombie

Only people i've seen on pugs etc are html, Morpheus, Raft, Riv, ULV, uZi and XB.

Also, almost 40 votes, that's around 20 teams, 15 at the lowest.

Its worth opening the league just for those 15 teams regardless of who votes no from now on.

Same for those who voted no, Morph.

cyber-m, DaTeL, Ðeadßoy, Farac|ÐÏ˧ËL, fu2, GRZ, html, HUEY, JACKEL, Lex_Mortis, Martz, Morpheus, Mushroomhead , Raft^, Riv, Ulv , Useless, uZi, Viru$_Z, X-Bomb, zombie

Only people i've seen on pugs etc are html, Morpheus, Raft, Riv, ULV, uZi and XB.

Because I've been on vacation for the last 4 weeks maybe.