Ipods and movies

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Twonko

Love God
Jun 8, 2001
UK
I bought a piece of shit Video Ipod and fucking hate it nearly as much as I hate that piece of programming dog shit Itunes. Nevertheless, in order to keep the small people happy in the car, I would like to be able to get DVD movies (that I already own actually, so no piracy here thank you very much) onto the Ipod. How hard can this be FFS? I tried one piece of s/w called Xilisoft and apart from the fact that it crashed every time at the same point in the decoding, it made 7 mp4 files and I have no idea if these are what I want or how to get them into the Ipod. Any ideas anyone. In return for help I will make every reasonable effort to take Steve Jobs bollocks and ram them up his arse. Can't say fairer than that.

I dunno about ipods since I've never used one, but a good converter is Total Video Converter - converts anything into anything else with no problems.

Yeah Twonk, Itunes really sux. About the video encoding, I did the same few weeks ago when I went on holiday. I used Jodix Free Ipod Video Converter. You just select all the different movies/files you want encoded, set the video quality to about 320 x 240 with a 96kbps audio quality (or whatever you prefer) and then press start and it encodes all the files you selected. Works like a charm. Encoded files will be placed in the folder of the source file.

Although I did only encode divx/xvid files, it does have the option to encode dvd's.

Good luck with it :thumb:

Old dogs and new tricks!

try this

Been there tried that. Not a nice experience.

Eventually bought (really) a prog called Kikee DVD to Ipod converter and it works a treat but isn't so fast. Ipod fast forward and reverse is painful. God how I hate Ipods.