Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By that i assume you mean Maxiz, or was there somebody else who i've missed?

i c names of wish or m1c in almost every reply..i mean wtf
wish might cheated few yrs ago and might be a prick as most of u say( i dno really) but he owns hard
m1c is also skilled and might be a prick like most of you say(i dno that one also ,cant judge ppl i dnt know well)

It's a known fact wish and m1c0 are extreme arschlochs in UT

But outside UT they aren't like that. But since most of you are all a bunch of prejudiced noobs none of you know how they are. And will prolly never care to find out how they are. So why would they care what you think of them.

They know who their friends are and who to piss off. And will continue to keep doing so because you will never accept that ex-cheaters are better then you yourself will ever be.

But outside UT they aren't like that. But since most of you are all a bunch of prejudiced noobs none of you know how they are. And will prolly never care to find out how they are. So why would they care what you think of them.

They know who their friends are and who to piss off. And will continue to keep doing so because you will never accept that ex-cheaters are better then you yourself will ever be.

Lets not get carried away now...

No Tut, its YOUR assumption that he used it to gain knowledge for avoiding cheat protection, this isnt fact. You are a nice guy but there is no need for obnoxious comments which are repeated every tiring month. zzzzzZZzZzZzZzzZ

If it was this then he deserves it but this cant and wont be proven.

My suggestion if you read earlier was:

1st Time - 3 Months
2nd Time - 6 Months
3rd Time - 1 Year

This ofc applies to actual use of the bot and not simply having it installed on a server. If he used it for 5 maps or w-e then yeah this applies.

Yes aka flame then when flamed back mute enemy ;(((( :P

i would change my vote for the first option, public game inclued.
i do not give 2 shit about the sort of "competition" the nerds in top div 1 have, i play for fun and i play mostly on pub. botters on pubs should be banned for life at first attempt.

Why do some people keep bringing up how good or bad mic and wish are. Who cares?
This thread is not about that.
Zyx, I take it you know them in real life very well then., let's say I believe you, and in real life they are very nice people...
Then, could you please explain to us, prejudiced noobs, how come they have a difference face in UT.
Oh, and remember this is a UT community, we can only deduct a persons behavior by how he interacts with it.
Since I (and many others I'm assuming do the same thing) can only state an opinion from what I know, and in my experience, I can say that unless someone suffers from different personalities, he/she will act his character in any activities he takes part of.
You can claim all you want every cheater is a great person in "real life", but the claim you're making has no proof whatsoever, all we can do is see if that statement makes any sense.

Last edited:

who cares how they are in real life its what they do in publics and matches. and as the Poll Results show cheaters should be banned.

Yeah sorry but I don't have enough time to do a world tour and meet every single UT player in real life and get to know them.

What really matters is the way players conduct themselves while playing UT and on forums.. and no offense to -Wish- because I'm frankly quite impressed with the way he's conducted himself in this thread, but wish and m1c are two of the biggest kindergarteners in the league. It's simply not fun playing with people "Naja JaKlar d0ng d0ng LOL! hai bin a1mb0t ;( LOL LOL LOL LOL!!" everytime they get a kill or anything happens in the game.

We can base our opinions on someone on the way they conduct themselves in-game... and if you're going to bot in-game what do you expect us to think?

Last edited:
I did the same.
Your comment about a one day ban is not allowed since it wasnt one day. And I have never seen a player here that received a one day ban for a cheat usage.

This was an extreme example to show that "your" clan would of accepted any punishment
given by league admins, no matter how rediciously low or high it was. You would of kept him
in the clan and to justify that you say.. "it was admins decision, and we will go by that".

If a player creates a new account and isnt detected after that your whole clanbase example is decaying in parts.

So you mean we shouldnt give a damn about cheaters and its no point giving bans/punishments
for cheating, cause they will sneak right back with fake accounts? At least we can try keep
the cheaters out of the community? I have LOADS of examples where cheaters tried to get
back into clanbase with new accounts, but they got discovered by anticheat team. Its all
registered in their forum and i read alot about it in the sniper community anticheat forum
aswell. At least they "f**ing" try to get rid of the filth. And to be honest, i dont think
it will be easy to "infiltrate" UTA league with a fake account. Here almost everyone knows
everyone.

To have a link system that works is an idea. But in the last order each league and the there given rules are decisive.
That league rules have been used and you can say it once more the fact wont change.

I dont know if youre in straight denial or just naive. But you seem very
negative to any attempts to prevent cheatears to "pestilate" this or any
other UT community. I guess that is because you have m1cro in your clan.

Im sorry Meteor but this is one of the reasons why im leaving the league.
When even you cannot come with a straight answer on your opinion about
cheating, without this weird "mumble jumble" that doesnt really mean anything
and has no substance.

And one final thing: A few people says this is an old game and we're lil to
late for caring etc etc. Why is it to late? Soon we have ut3 here.. and if this
league is gonna move over to that or whatever game/mod, i will definatly
NOT promote this league with its attitude towards cheating.

Thx squirrel and rich post's thats been most excellent
and giving a mature/sound view on this matter.
Skull's post's made me laugh so much.. still you make
your point of view in between the lines so :thumb:

Now i wont post anymore here. Cya around!

Last edited:
Perhaps we (the community and admins) ought to discuss whether we should form some sort of an anti-cheating committee such as ClanBase has. This could either be a temporary committee to assure the UTA community that the cheat protection is in order or it could be a more-permanant committee which consistently deals with accusations of cheating. I don't think it would hurt to work with clanbase with sharing the information of known cheaters, but I don't think that we ought to immediately ban people just because they were banned somewhere else. Members of this committee could spectate people banned from other communities, and if we worked with CB it's possible UTA might get a little more attention over there. The formation of such a committee would shoud the UTA and UT community that UTA is committed to doing its best to rival cheating and if cheating is as rampant as some people say it is they could put forth an effort to catch cheaters (I'm sure the 4 admins currently don't have enough time to check over the hundreds of matches played every day) and give some much-needed peace of mind to the general UTA population. The only possible drawbacks of this is that all MoD gets caught cheating and banned (not really a drawback. hi Zyx :wave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.